NGD - Eriza Verde Santana

Those look awesome, but are a little pricey for my usual strap costs - I like under $20 for something simple, and will go up to $50 for something nicer. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate, but if I had spent $200+ on each of my PRSi for straps so far, I'd not have been able to buy this guitar nor the last!

Still, something to put out there as a Christmas/birthday wish list, perhaps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the "model" for each of them has the strap on backwards, amirite?

Yea, they are pricey. That's for sure. If you "subscribe" (or whatever) he sends out discount emails. Sometimes in 10% off all, sometimes it's 40% off a select handful.

And you are correct, the model has them backwards. I always chuckle at that.

Yea, they are pricey. That's for sure. If you "subscribe" (or whatever) he sends out discount emails. Sometimes in 10% off all, sometimes it's 40% off a select handful.

And you are correct, the model has them backwards. I always chuckle at that.
Must be a real cowboy... like this guy!

Pretty sure that one was in Lord of the Rings.

Sorry, no. This is modeled after the strap that Gault, Great Druid of Vicrath, used to carry the pouch that held the Book of Hagarspoth, as he wandered the Six Lands of Bokrat. It was essential in his quest to reach the Great Hall of Pith before the Riqua took complete control of the land....duh! :p

Sorry, no. This is modeled after the strap that Gault, Great Druid of Vicrath, used to carry the pouch that held the Book of Hagarspoth, as he wandered the Six Lands of Bokrat. It was essential in his quest to reach the Great Hall of Pith before the Riqua took complete control of the land....duh! :p
Oh yeah... forgot about that.

Ya know, that sounded so good I wanted it to be from an actual novel/movie/whatever. But it isn't. So you need to write that novel. Just sayin'.

Beautiful finish on that thing! I agree, the Eriza Verde works fantastic with the Santana model.

Why did I open my big fat mouth! I was going to buy that one! Seriously, a stunner and enjoy!

Well thanks, G-Man, anyway!

And I pulled the pickups tonight to see what they were. I have photos to post later, but here is the news:

The pickups are EVH Wolfgangs. (Made by Fender.)

Not what I expected. Not Seymour Duncans, not DiMarzios.

According to specs that I've been trying to dig up, they are either Alnico 2 or Ceramic magnets, with 14 / 16 kohm bridge/neck.

They certainly sound nice, so I'm not about to swap them out for anything.

But again, did not see that coming...

Come to think about it, i looked at the pickups and noticed that the black and white bobbins were reverse of my Santana. Still a beautiful guitar.

And here are a couple photos of the pups and cavities.

Neck:

20170327_181609_1024_zpsbifx0nqq.jpg

Bridge (not feeling a whole lotta slack on the wire harness so I was "gentle"):

20170327_182103_1024_zpsizt8pvql.jpg

20170327_182115_1024_zps0txnbc5c.jpg

Anyone have any insight into the "GC NOV" marking in the bridge cavity? Just one of many guitars from a Guitar Center run from Nov 2011?

Also, the little stickers that normally differentiate bridge from neck are not on the pups. Any way to tell otherwise, or should I just carefully mark them if I ever remove them?

Nice guitar. I REALLY love the original pickups in my Santana II. I can't imagine why anyone would want to replace them. Clear, sweet and nasty if needed---they do it all.

Back