NGD: Ebony? EBONY!!!

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Found this set at last September's Experience:

And the magic men at PRS turned it into this:

Pretty sure this is the first ebony necked acoustic:

Last edited:
Wow! This one is amazing! Love the ebony neck. Is it bright? Would love to try an ebony neck on an electric as well.

Last edited:
While I see many PS's that are jaw dropping rarely do they take my breath away. I almost fell over when I saw this. Mental lumber. Huge big congrats on this on!

I really like the way this guitar sounds. I think ebony is a good sounding acoustic wood. I was leery of the neck wood, but I think it gives the guitar a bit of a bell-like chime. I saw PRSh in Indy a few weeks back, and he said he had played this and thought it sounded good (but maybe he says that to all the girls :tongue:).

Funny thing, I almost put a matching ebony top on this, but I got spooked that it wouldn't sound good. An ebony top would have looked way cool, but I think I made the right choice sticking with Sitka for tone. Besides I like bear claw, and I think the ebony rosette looks good against the spruce.

One subtle, but cool feature of the sides is that the striped ebony is curly, which is not common.

I really like the way this guitar sounds. I think ebony is a good sounding acoustic wood. I was leery of the neck wood, but I think it gives the guitar a bit of a bell-like chime. I saw PRSh in Indy a few weeks back, and he said he had played this and thought it sounded good (but maybe he says that to all the girls :tongue:).

Funny thing, I almost put a matching ebony top on this, but I got spooked that it wouldn't sound good. An ebony top would have looked way cool, but I think I made the right choice sticking with Sitka for tone. Besides I like bear claw, and I think the ebony rosette looks good against the spruce.

One subtle, but cool feature of the sides is that the striped ebony is curly, which is not common.

Awesome in every way, then!

I think you made the right choice re: the spruce top, too, both for looks and sound. It's just fantastic to look at, and I'm happy for you that it sounds good.

Back