NGD, don't think I posted it here:

LindseyP

The red 2011 SAS Studio was last month's purchase, it sat on the wall for two years before I showed up to Sam Ash in Raleigh last month and freed it from its prison. I'm having a difficult time getting the flame figure in the neck and headstock to expose properly:

That DGT is a winner. You're right about the SAS's maple neck. I can tell it is very flamed upon closer inspection. Lovely guitar. Well done.

Love the grain on the top...scarlet smokeburst with the maple neck is a great combo.

That's a long wait...play the crap outta her!

Good ones, Lindsey!

Nice pair! When i say that to my wife she smacks me. ?????

Huh - she didn't smack me when I said it. Then again, I wasn't talking to her and she couldn't hear me, but still - that puts me one up on you! Or two, as it were.

Congrtas!!! Those are two absolutely smokin' axes...enjoy!!! Both necks are pretty big...right?? At some point, I gotta get a DGT into my basement!!!

I say it all the time, but it never fails. I am not crazy about red guitars in general, but it seems PRS gets the shades just right. Never to brash. That guitar is a beauty!

That's all you need right there. Nice!

Yup. a bucker and a pair of NFs covers a TON of ground.
I have a small pile of PRSs but between the Studio and a Singlecut (and it's only an SE..my only SE), nothing else gets much airtime.
Well...the McSoapy still does all the open slide stuff...not even a Studio can really do a P90 perfectly....and I use my old CE for the drop D heavy stuff but I sure got rid of ALL my Fenders shortly after getting the Studio. Strat Schmratt! I don't need no stinkeen fenderz.

Hope you LOVE the SAS.
We need a tone report.
How do you love the NFs?
How do you like the chime and quack in-between voices?
How are you finding the balance between the 57/08 bucker and the NFs? How about the split 57/08 vs the NFs?
My ONLY complaint...well I have a PT carve and I prefer the WTs...but...was that I found the 57/08 grossly underpowered next to the NFs. And in split mode I kinda found it almost useless. I'd either spend all night on just the 57/08 or just the NFs. Switching between them was just too drastic.
Tried adjusting heights...tried everything I could think of.
Wound-up pulling the 57/08 in favor of something hotter.

I didn't give the 57/08 a LOT of time though and a lot of Studio owners (well there aren't many of us) find the balance just fine. One day I'll stick it back in and see what happens. Unless I wind-up selling the 57/08. Come close a couple times :-(

CONGRATS again and cant wait for a full report.

Eagerly awaiting report here, too :) I am going through a guitar conundrum at the time. With a lot of help from the good folks here at the forum, I think I have decided on the SAS Studio as well...

Back