NGD: DGT (I FINALLY made it to the dance!)

ruger9

I've never purchased a guitar that I had to do NOTHING to, out of the box. Well, I did loosen the truss rod a 1/4 turn, but that's it. She's everything I expected. Best coil splits I've heard (I have a tele and strat to compare). It cost a kidney, but I understand why these high-end PRSi bring the prices they do. Oh- and I like poly; to be honest, I like that's it's so durable, and I don't have to worry about "which polish is ok" to use on it or anything... but I have to say, this new PRS "nitro process" (you guys know the details better than me), feels amazing.

I actually used inheritance money I recently got (mom finally passed, dad passed 26 years ago), so I feel like my parents bought it for me- a bucket list item.

And I finally got to buy from Wildwood- Lord knows I've watched enough of their videos! LOL!

I got Yellow Tiger, only partially because I've always dug Grissom's. But I almost waited for a yellow one or blue one. But we also recently lost our pup, Stevie (Ray Vaughan), and he was a brindle greyhound. I think the yellow tiger is reminiscent of the brindle coloring. Debating whether or not to change the bar tip to cream.

Let's see if the embed code works...
67242237335-A8-AE206-F-015-D-404-C-8-C0-E-8-C2-EE5-DD795-D.jpg

At first, the neck felt a TAD fat to me, BUT- I'm coming from Fender Modern C profiles. I've been playing it a few days, and today I was going over the setlist (I have rehearsal tonite) and I suddenly found alot of things EASIER to play! I was shocked. My fingers just fell where they needed to, almost as if the neck profile put my hand in a better position than my beloved Modern C's I've been playing for 30 years (I have 3 of them).

So- it's coming to rehearsal tonite! (which was not the original plan LOL). I just have to make sure the strap is absolutely secure, I couldn't imagine dropping the thing, I'd probably have a panic attack on the spot LOL

A precious keepsake to remember your mom and dad even more.
Wildwood - especially Bruce - sold me a Gristlemaster in Kochwork Orange (and Greg was willing to sing the back) and a few years earlier my PRS 513 MT.
I wanted one of those orange GMs- but I'm not a big guy (5'8"), and the regular-sized tele is big enough LOL. Awesome guitars!

Back