NGD: DC3 Pleasant Surprise

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
I own one opaque PRS, and you are looking at it. I’m also not a big fan of Strats or single coils or longer scale lengths......or so I thought. :confused: This guitar is a pleasant surprise.

I recently received this guitar in a trade. I thought it was cool, but I wasn’t convinced I would play it. I’ve been playing it, and I really like it. The pickups are the biggest surprise. They simply growl, and the bridge pickup sounds killer with the tone control rolled back about 30% (I’ve read that these were the pickups later used in the 513). The maple neck is really cool and feels great. It’s a satin finish (nicely worn in by the previous owner ;)), and while specs list it as “pattern regular”, it feels bigger than that, like a wide fat). The guitar is nice and light and has good balance. I put on a new set of 10s (25 1/4” scale), and it’s very comfortable to play.

I’d buy another.

Last edited:
VERY cool guitar 11Top.

That's so killer that you got that from HL.

Who would have thunk you'd like a bolt-on strat style guitar after all.

Sometimes it just takes a great guitar company to alter the S-style guitar recipe a bit, to make it right for you.

Nice! I’m guessing the setup was perfect for dialing it in for classic rock tones too :)

Nice! I’m guessing the setup was perfect for dialing it in for classic rock tones too :)

Actually, when I put on the 10s, I lowered all the saddles. I think H had 11s on it. The relief was perfect.

Love the nobs and overall look. Does it come with a matching Ferrari?

He hasn’t suggested trading cars yet.

Very nice!! I love those pick ups on my 513. My 513 is probably the most diverse guitar I own. I always wanted to check out a DC3. I too am not a fan of longer scales. The quarter inch seems to make a difference in the feel. I wonder how they would sound if the 513, 509, or DC3 had a 25 inch scale.

Enjoy it!!

Last edited:
jmBF4ci.jpg

Howard's a cool dude.

Back