NGD - DC22

justmund

Plank Spanker
This one just rocked up, DC22 from the original run #23/25.

I wasn't even in the market for another (another) guitar, it just popped up on the local market for decent $ so I grabbed it.

Needs a string change and will wait till I get some more time on it before I post a tone report. Initial thoughts are it's very comfortable with nice sustain.

Onto the pics (sun was out and then it wasn't, but gives you an idea of the flame):

22711036303_21a6ce5a2f_b.jpg

23312080926_e0e195ed2c_b.jpg

23042432370_aef3cab44b_b.jpg

23256043181_d886197ab4_b.jpg

23338631315_5cfb5fac46_b.jpg

Actually a lot nicer than in the "for sale" pics, and I dig the "see Rich Hannon/Paul Miles" and the little smiley face!

Last edited:
Sweet as sweet! The real question is; what's going in the middle?! :laugh:

That's awesome man. That's a "Santana" I could rock. Very cool. If they did a standard version or even a Korina, I'd be in trouble.

Cheers guys, I really like the understated vibe of this one.

Sweet as sweet! The real question is; what's going in the middle?! :laugh:

Do you really think I would take a router to such a nice, collectible, limited edition PRS, reducing it's resale value and most likely inflaming hordes of PRS lovers all over the world?

That's awesome man. That's a "Santana" I could rock. Very cool. If they did a standard version or even a Korina, I'd be in trouble.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?12435-Santana-Standards-are-coming

About 1/2 way down, we talk about a core run they did for Japan :p

I'm sure you'll feel better with your PS in your hands!

How do you like the controls placement?

It's already got me once (went to grab the volume but missed by a country mile...) but I'll get used to it. None of my guitars have similar layouts so I'm pretty flexible when it comes to this.

The S2 Mira is a tough one to get used to, the mini-toggles are set up so that "down" is the outside coils, "middle" is humbucking mode, and "up" is inside coils. I'll be going on feel rather than visual on stage I reckon!

It's already got me once (went to grab the volume but missed by a country mile...) but I'll get used to it. None of my guitars have similar layouts so I'm pretty flexible when it comes to this.

The S2 Mira is a tough one to get used to, the mini-toggles are set up so that "down" is the outside coils, "middle" is humbucking mode, and "up" is inside coils. I'll be going on feel rather than visual on stage I reckon!

Right on!!! I'm always moving my volume pot while I play. Normally I move it with my pinky while I play so it needs to be kind of close.

Back