NGD :D

solacematt

First off, want to say thanks to those who read and gave input to my dilemma thread I posted a few weeks ago in regards to a trade to a guitar store out in the midwest. Also, it's this boards fault I ran into this guitar, thanks to Mike Chandler asking a question and posting a link to a store I perused the site (as I'm sure many of us probably do when someone posts a link) and came across this pre-loved McCarty Hollowbody I in a beautiful McCarty 10 top finish. Anyone who knows me knows this is my favorite model and pickup. For the helluvit I gave them a call and asked the usual barrage of questions we all ask and then jokingly asked if they did trades. Well, turns out they do. So I sent them pics of my green McCarty HB that has been my main guitar for the past year (thanks guys for not telling me this wasn't an AP when I posted it last year by the way :eek: ) and they offered an even trade. So this came in the post Monday evening, but I only had a chance to lightly play it at low volumes last night after 11 (this is what sucks about being an education major, those higher level courses are only offered at late night). Sadly I won't be able to play it through my rig till Saturday due to work and classes the rest of the week, but so far it feels great. There's only one strange ding that it looks like they tried to fix on the body which I took a pic of below. Thoughts fellow PRS addicts? haha. So far I must say it plays very smoothly, now I can't wait to A/B it with the green HB to see how they compare.

mcv5.jpg

mcv1.JPG

mcv2.JPG

mcv3.JPG

mcv4.JPG

Love it! Great vintage vibe. On my wish list. Glad to hear things worked out on this deal. Congrats

Beautiful Matt! The bursts with black are my favorite. Hope it works out! Awesome that they're letting you a/b with greenie to decide.

I, (like you) love these HBs the most. Nice grab brother.
I admit I like my solid body 408 for rock lead playing and soloing, but the HB just feels right for everything and anything else.

Back