NGD - Custom 24 Swamp Ash

Stoptail22

El PRSidente
I just pulled the trigger on this guitar from 2017:

full

It was announced as a "PRS Custom 24 with wood library options without the wood library price". What does that mean? I never heard of this before.

The MODCAT is CWM4F-MTMBT_NP_H5-53, which says

Model: Could not find Model 'CW'
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 24
Top Spec: Figured
Top Grade: Non-Ten Top
Neck Wood: Rock Maple
Neck Carve: Pattern/Thin (Wide/Thin)
Fingerboard Wood: Rock Maple (non-figured)
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Tremolo or 2-Piece Bridge
Color: Bonnie Pink/Natural Back
Hardware: Hybrid (Nickel and Gold)
Treble Pickup: 85/15 or 250
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: 85/15 or 250
Electronics: 3-Way Toggle or Blade

The back wood is Swamp Ash.

I would like to know more about this unusal model. Is it wood library or not? What means Model "CW"?

Definitely a Wood Library. Their wording just means you get all of the good stuff without shelling out all of the cash. I’m with Wedge, you got the right color!

Nice!!! Nothing standard about the specs. Even the 3 way switch is not normal for a core 2017 IIRC...

That's nice stuff right there. :) Definitely wood library if there's no PS designation. Congrats

I just pulled the trigger on this guitar from 2017:

full

It was announced as a "PRS Custom 24 with wood library options without the wood library price". What does that mean? I never heard of this before.

The MODCAT is CWM4F-MTMBT_NP_H5-53, which says

Model: Could not find Model 'CW'
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 24
Top Spec: Figured
Neck Wood: Rock Maple
Neck Carve: Pattern/Thin (Wide/Thin)
Fingerboard Wood: Rock Maple (non-figured)
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Tremolo or 2-Piece Bridge
Color: Bonnie Pink/Natural Back
Hardware: Hybrid (Nickel and Gold)
Treble Pickup: 85/15 or 250
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: 85/15 or 250
Electronics: 3-Way Toggle or Blade

The back wood is Swamp Ash.

I would like to know more about this unusal model. Is it wood library or not? What means Model "CW"?

That's amazing! PRS with a maple neck? Looks like I probably couldn't afford that. LOL

I would guess it means the dealer was able to pick from tops not sorted as 10 tops. Shouldn’t make any difference; it’s a really nice looking guitar. You be the judge of that top rather than someone else.

Back