NGD: Custom 24 Quilt Tiger Burst, Maple Neck, 57/08's = wow.

The Ratchet

What else can be said. To my eye a just about PS quality quilty top, flame maple neck in Patten Regular, ebony headstock cap, cool mixed hardware, 57/08's!, insanely cool birds, and a beefy 8 lbs. = wow.

The typical/standard Custom 24 setup of Pattern Thin neck with 59/09’s just hasn't worked for me in many past try-outs, but this thing - is a whole other animal. And in Orange Tiger Burst - what an animal it is!!

It rips. It's got heavy dirt tone for days, and some really unique and vibrant cleans. Reminiscent of almost AIC Jar of Flies tones or something.

With a 2-channel H and fat back cab, I've got lots of new fun goin on!

P.S. These Artist birds are some of the most beautiful ever laid on a PRS guitar! They are just stunnning. Pics don't do them justice. When you see them in the light they are so eye catching. Love em.

Thanks to DFDiamond and the WW crew!!

cst_24_front_zps21a36781.jpg

cst24_left_zps852363df.jpg

cst24_right_zps72acab2b.jpg

cst24_headstock_zps9ee3060b.jpg

cst24_back_zps949044fe.jpg

Beautiful man! I freaking love how the new artist pack bridges the gap between PS and production. I wouldn't be surprised if Paul and Paul Miles signed the back of your headstock! haha

Flippin hell, that's stunning..... not one you'll come across very often.

Thanks!!!!!

I have to say the maple neck on it feels really great. Whatever finish PRS is using on the back of the maple, it feels half-way between no finish at all and say what would be your typical PRS neck finish. It's just so fast and silky smooth. Anyone considering this option on their Artist should go for it.

I'm gonna try to post some close up shots of these Artist birds, they do really pop on the neck and look uber-fantastic up close.

Back