NGD: Custom 24 Artist

Rezamatix

Hey y'all, first post. new member. longtime PRS enthusiast.

After almost a decade i'm back in the PRS fold. I picked up this new beast today. Really enjoying it. I'm not 100% on the Metal pickups, but i'm gonna play it for awhile and let the guitar settle in a little. It showed up perfectly setup and in tune. I wish the neck was Pattern Vintage, but i can live with it. I'll embrace the change from my thicker necked usual suspects.
Anyway, here are some pics!

Pretty dang hot man! Dig me some floyd action. The Metal pickups seem to be quite liked around here. Give them a chance and get the height right to your ears. I know I debated them for a while to pair with my Floyd.

Pretty dang hot man! Dig me some floyd action. The Metal pickups seem to be quite liked around here. Give them a chance and get the height right to your ears. I know I debated them for a while to pair with my Floyd.

I usually hate ceramic pickups, i'm an Alnico 8 Junkie when it comes to bridge pickups. I feel like these are making the guitar sound thinner than it needs to be in some ways. It's overall a very truncated sound in the lower ranges. It's like there is a high pass on the low end. which for some of the aggressive palm muted metal stuff I like to play is great, but I almost feel like the guitar may have a lot more low end that I may be missing out on.

the pickups switching is super cool and there are a lot of tones available but they lack a real command of the lows.

I may try some of my goto Floyd guitar pickups in this.
i'm also finding that the guitar on certain 14th fret B string bends lacks a little sustain unless the volume is all the way up on the guitar, so i'm not sure how much magnetic pull is in play here.

I usually hate ceramic pickups, i'm an Alnico 8 Junkie when it comes to bridge pickups. I feel like these are making the guitar sound thinner than it needs to be in some ways. It's overall a very truncated sound in the lower ranges. It's like there is a high pass on the low end. which for some of the aggressive palm muted metal stuff I like to play is great, but I almost feel like the guitar may have a lot more low end that I may be missing out on.

the pickups switching is super cool and there are a lot of tones available but they lack a real command of the lows.

I may try some of my goto Floyd guitar pickups in this.
i'm also finding that the guitar on certain 14th fret B string bends lacks a little sustain unless the volume is all the way up on the guitar, so i'm not sure how much magnetic pull is in play here.

I don't usually go for ceramics either, but I don't hate them. I ended up going with the first gen Mojotone DW tomahawks that have a hybrid magnet of Ceramic and Alnico. They are fantastic. I can't say enough great things about them and they are unlike anything else I have. Perfect for a floyd.

http://darthphineas.com/2017/02/mojotone-dw-tomahawk/

Killer axe there! You’re smart to hang in with the pickups for a bit. Can’t count the times I thought I was sure what I wanted and got pleasantly surprised. Hope you do too!

Back