Nice!! Very jealous!!

I've been on a LONG wait for my 24-08. It's not due to land until July. Enjoy!!!!!!!

What finish and neck pattern did are you getting? My word, you'll not be disappointed. The coil tap is amazing. I experience no volume loss when tapped and sounds very authentic single coil. Not necessarily like a strat, but it's own thing.

Congrats! Beautiful score, now you need an SC in FBJ to nearly complete the blue spectrum ;)

I have a hard tail Custom 22 with wide thin neck in royal blue coming my way and I want an S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow in Whale Blue. I'll probably wait til April for the SC.

Edit: Just checked the SC in FBJ with clear back. You guys are the worse!!! Those are ridiculously beautiful.

I have a hard tail Custom 22 with wide thin neck in royal blue coming my way and I want an S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow in Whale Blue. I'll probably wait til April for the SC.

Edit: Just checked the SC in FBJ with clear back. You guys are the worse!!! Those are ridiculously beautiful.

And you know that blue dye is very prone to fading, that way you'll have more blue shades " the more the merrier" right?

Love the aquamarine! Don't block the trem, PRS trems are way too usable, and not much trouble tuning-wise either. I used to be a Kahler guy, but I can be at least 90% as aggressive on a PRS trem, with none of the lock-nut hassles!

Love the aquamarine! Don't block the trem, PRS trems are way too usable, and not much trouble tuning-wise either. I used to be a Kahler guy, but I can be at least 90% as aggressive on a PRS trem, with none of the lock-nut hassles!

Just curious, why Kahler and not Floyd?

Just curious, why Kahler and not Floyd?

I originally added a flat-mount Kahler to a Hamer Special. I could abuse that trem no end and it always came back in tune. It would have been much more invasive to add a Floyd. Plus Gibson was adding Kahlers at the factory at that point (early '80s) and I was infatuated with LPs with factory Kahlers. Years later, after the Hamer had been stolen, I bought an Explorer with a Kahler. I didn't like it quite as well the second time around.

Fantastic guitar!

But it seems that you have also inadvertently reminded me of the HUGE depreciation value of high end guitars like this when it comes to the used market. I have learned this the hard way recently. For every guitar out there that someone bought at a "great price", there is also some poor bastard out there who paid twice that amount when they bought it brand new. The lesson here is... do not buy a brand new guitar unless you intend to keep it. Guitars loose their value so much that they cannot be considered "investments" by any stretch of the imagination.

What finish and neck pattern did are you getting? My word, you'll not be disappointed. The coil tap is amazing. I experience no volume loss when tapped and sounds very authentic single coil. Not necessarily like a strat, but it's own thing.

I bought it specifically because of the tones I heard from the coil tap. I'm excited to eventually get it. The wait has been a struggle, but hopefully worth it.

I ordered an artist package 24-08 in copperhead burst with a rosewood neck. My expectations are high.

Enjoy your new guitar guitar!!!!!

I bought it specifically because of the tones I heard from the coil tap. I'm excited to eventually get it. The wait has been a struggle, but hopefully worth it.

I ordered an artist package 24-08 in copperhead burst with a rosewood neck. My expectations are high.

Enjoy your new guitar guitar!!!!!

I've heard amazing things about those rosewood necks. Word on the street is that they are extremely addicting, so be warned. Regarding your expectations, anything can happen. There are a lot of variables involved and there are inevitably randomness due to instrument being heavily dependent on natural materials. With that said, I think that PRS has a knack for exceeding even the highest expectations, both in sound or in the feel of the guitar. Also, great choice on the finish. That's going to be one sexy beast of a guitar. Congratulations on your forthcoming NGD. I hope your patience pays off. Which is likely, because PRS seems to put a lot of love and care in their guitar making, which leads to these long waits. Totally worth it, if you ask me.

Back