NGD Custom 22

chicagoslim

I defiantly have a favorite model, the Custom 22. This weekend my favorite shop had a 15% off sale, on NOS 2018 & 2019 models. They had 10 tops, that were so dark, that you couldn't see the wood grain. They had hybrid hardware, that was too bling for me. So I picked up another Black/Gold Burst, CU22.

They did tempt me with a new DGT (no discount), in Purple. Without the discount, I could have traded one of my S2's and paid less. But, I didn't bring a trade. The store is a 250 mile, round trip. I'm not sure that I want a Purple guitar. Many PRS guitars are selling the same day that they come in. They also got a Scarlet Red S2 Custom 24 (Not a color that the PRS site shows as available in 2021). It sold that day, as well as the DGT.

Eight people on line, had my Custom 22 in their cart, but didn't complete the sale. So I thought that I had better move on the guitar. Besides, I do like to have a backup, for my best guitar.

100-2340.jpg

Last edited:
Smokin' guitar! Congrats. The Cu 22 was my first PRS

BTW, to whom are you being defiant? Did your dad not want you to have a guitar?

No, my Dad was a good guitar player.

When I was a working Pro, I felt like I had to justify things. Back then, I only had one really good guitar. It was a 2001, Swamp Ash Special.

398089907.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Congrats. My first PRS was also a CU22. Still love it.
The shop were I purchase my last two is a large PRS dealer, I've seen the same thing with his stock, it's moving so quick. Which I why I pulled the trigger on the 594 last week when he got one in the colour I like. Who knows how long I'd have to wait otherwise

Congrats! I really dig it. One of my favorite colors for sure.

It's so odd how some places have stock but other shops you're worried if it'll be there tomorrow. I know shops in Tennessee that have darn near the same stock pre covid as today. Others not so much.

Congrats! I really dig it. One of my favorite colors for sure.

It's so odd how some places have stock but other shops you're worried if it'll be there tomorrow. I know shops in Tennessee that have darn near the same stock pre covid as today. Others not so much.

I'm in Bowling Green, KY, closer to Tennessee than Indiana. I think that the 10% state tax, discourages big purchases.

I'm in Bowling Green, KY, closer to Tennessee than Indiana. I think that the 10% state tax, discourages big purchases.

I grew up in Bowling Green and live around Nashville now. I used to hear that tax issue a lot and it was frustrating because most of the good guitar stores were all down here which is closer than going to Lexington for Willcutt.

However, after we moved I realized a few things. On the surface, the sales taxes look horrid. But we don't have state income tax and vehicle registration is a flat fee rather than property tax on assessed value of the vehicle.

Back