NGD - Custom 22

I get it, yeah.. not everybody loves where that 5-way is located. However, look at it this way--position #2 (bridge HB + neck s/c) is such a cool almost-acoustic tone but still has some meatiness to it. And it's a sound you can't get with the 3-way toggle + push/pull OR even the old rotary. So... on the bright side...!
You are so correct! Never had that combo before, and I love it!

The 5-way slide switch sounds incredible. I have thought about getting a Core McCarty, but I would miss the 5-way and tremolo. I also play Strat's, so the Custom 22 gives me a lot of room, in comparison.
It's positioning, however, just doesn't make sense. What would make sense is to switch the blade switch and tone pot locations (like on a McCarty).

Beautiful! I got my CU22 a few weeks ago. Love it, but would have preferred the toggle switch - the blade is in the wrong position with the trem installed. A minor inconvenience… CU22’s are the be(a)st!
9g0Ex3p.jpg

L5v66o4

I dig it. I'm still getting used to the toggle, and my CU24 is a blade, so I'm looking forward to seeing how one feels vs. the other.

Congrats on a great score, I love CU22, my first PRS was dressed in McCarty, and enjoyed it for 5 years.

Back