NGD Custom 22 BGWB

shimmilou

Established in 1963
As promised, pics of my Custom 22 in Black Gold Wrap Burst. I am absolutely thrilled with everything about the guitar. A wonderfully crafted instrument in every respect. It sounds and feels as great as it looks. This is my first PRS, and I think I started with a good one.:cool:

39058220580_0f0c3401f3_b.jpg

39058221060_0e7a61c306_b.jpg

26997757488_9e3bdae83b_b.jpg

BTW, Sweetwater rocks! :D
photostream

Love a black gold wrap. Played a McCarty in the same finish the other day. Such a good top!

I was in a GC in Buffalo a couple of weeks back and they had that same guitar/color...outstanding! I was VERY tempted.

Black Gold = Spectacular!!!
Very interesting top...congrats.

Thanks all. It is definitely one of the best setup/finished guitars that I've ever had. Smoooooooth is the word that comes to mind to describe the feel, and so easy to play. The neck seems to be that one that I didn't know existed, perfect for my hand. The wider string spacing is just right for me, as my fingers seemed to always touch other strings on many of the open chords I played on other guitars. Not a problem on this one. The carve just fits my hand and makes it very comfortable to play. The joy of playing is what it is all about, and this one gives me a lot of joy.:)

I first played it through a Deluxe Reverb. Just creamy/dreamy cleans and sweet, rich, bluesy breakup when cranked. It definitely delivers all kinds of clean sounds with great character. I really like that the high end is present and clear without being piercing, very easy on the ears. The sustain is awesome, even unplugged. I used light vibrato, and stayed in tune perfectly. Yep, smooooooth!

Next, through a Bugera 1990 head and 4x12 cab. The clean channel with the gain turned up produced a wonderful bluesy breakup that cleans up well when the guitar volume is lowered. The guitar through the clean channel on this amp was fantastic too, excellent cleans. With the different amp/tubes/speakers, the sounds were even richer and fuller than with the Deluxe Reverb, kind of a 3D sound that envelopes you. The drive channel was equally as terrific, crunchy, punchy, chirpy, great clarity, and great classic and heavy rock sounds. And it's difficult to describe, but with the the controllable feedback, I got these sustaining sounds that would morph into different sounds as they rang out, and would go on as long as I held them. Very pleasant sounds. With heavier whammy use, I still had great tuning stability, and the whammy bar is very inviting with any sounds produced by this guitar, so I used it a lot.

I can't say enough good about this guitar, I'm extremely happy with it. If I'm having a bad day at work, I can just think about this guitar and I feel better, so imagine how good it makes me feel to actually hold it and play it. :cool:

Oh my that is killer...that BGWB finish is rediculously cool! Congrats on your first, l think it's safe to say.. ya nailed it!

Nice guitar and a nice example of black gold. That is one finish that is really dependent on the top for how its going to look and you got a nice somewhat understated but still defined top on that.

Congrats! Beautiful specimen for your first PRSi!

So...which one will be next?:rolleyes:

Well, that is the SE Tremonti Custom in Vintage Sunburst, which I already got. Another great guitar, will have to do another NGD thread for that one.

And in case your wondering, I preordered an S2 Studio in Antique White. It won't ship until maybe late June ...... :(

Last edited:
Well, that is the SE Tremonti Custom in Vintage Sunburst, which I already got. Another great guitar, will have to do another NGD thread for that one.

And in case your wondering, I preordered an S2 Studio in Antique White. It won't ship until maybe late June ...... :(

I thought quite a bit about ordering one of those...

Gorgeous! And I love Black Gold. Just a beautiful instrument in every way, and a very nice write-up!

Back