NGD-Custom 22/408 conversion

smalls

Here it is: my new to me 1999 Custom 22/408 conversion. The previous owner sent it in to the PTC for a V12 refinish and had them install the 408's while they had it. Wide thin neck, Birds, 10 top, and possibly the only lefty 408 (sort of) out there. I love it!

This is my first PRS. It's kind of hard to find lefties, and they're always more expensive than a righty PRS. When this one popped up I couldn't resist.

Congrats - Beautiful looking guitar! Love the color. Enjoy.
PS - What function do the 2 small metal switches perform?

Congrats - Beautiful looking guitar! Love the color. Enjoy.
PS - What function do the 2 small metal switches perform?

Those are the Mini-Toggle Coil Tap Switches for the 408 pickups.

Congrats !!!! Sweet guitar
Whole be interesting to find out more details about the conversion I would have thought there would be issue in the route size for the neck pickup.
It sure looks top notch

Congrats !!!! Sweet guitar
Whole be interesting to find out more details about the conversion I would have thought there would be issue in the route size for the neck pickup.
It sure looks top notch
I would guess they put a maple plug in there, then route out a new hole for the nf. The ring probably covers that area so it looks natural. They did a fine job! Beautiful axe!

Well, I got to use the 22/408 in a gig setting this morning. It was AWESOME. I haven't been able to put this thing down since I got it. I really love playing this guitar. I know some of that is that new guitar honeymoon period, but I don't care. Anyways, it worked exactly like I hoped when I bought it. I made full use of the various switching options/coil taps and it worked wonderfully. It sounded great, and if I needed it to cut through it did, and if I needed to sit in the mix it did that too. The 408 pickups/switching really are very flexible. My other guitar sounded good, but I always had to wrestle with a few features. It just didn't "fit" me as well as this one does. I can't remember one time today where I worried about the guitar. I just played. I'm very happy.

Back