NGD CU24 10 Top Faded Blue Burst

SinSir

Mad Scientist
2011 PRS Custom 24 Faded Blue Burst 10 Top with Artist Package (finished headstock and gold hardware). The gorgeous figured top is dynamic and the flame plays with the light and angles far more than I imagined. This guitar is absolutely AMAZING!

160064352161715c33f76b422b5e5.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the 59/09 pickups. The bridge pup is about perfect to my ears. I honestly can't stop playing this guitar! I've always wanted a core PRS but really never thought it would happen much less one as matched to my style and music. I always felt they were too expensive but now that I own one I completely understand. I've owned tons of guitars over the years but none of them compare to this level of artistry and craftsmanship. I have 3 SEs as well, Torero, 30th, and CU24 Rosewood. The RW is being sold and replaced by this. Good trade up if you ask me!

Screenshot_20200920-175454_Gallerybb93f7c950e5b9c4.jpg

I personally like the dirty birds birds a lot. Funnythey are so detailed when I got home on the first night, in low light, I thought the branch the owl is on was something on my fret board! Then my girlfriend really impressed me and immediately started naming which birds were what. Show off, she never did that on my SEs!

Screenshot_20200920-175435_Gallery1b5a8d2ebeb9f1a0.jpg

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy my beauty. I KNOW I do!

That looks a lot like my blue 2011 cu24.

This was my 3rd prs but it is the one that locked me into prs for life. The 5909s in this guitar are amazing.

That looks a lot like my blue 2011 cu24.

This was my 3rd prs but it is the one that locked me into prs for life. The 5909s in this guitar are amazing.

Good taste!

I agree these 59/09 are amazing. I have trouble even thinking about playing my other guitars, I'm hooked!

Good taste!

I agree these 59/09 are amazing. I have trouble even thinking about playing my other guitars, I'm hooked!

I hear ya.

The first time I was introduced to prs I was playing with some new guys and we were contemplating forming a band. I knew the bass player and he convinced me to try this guys prs.

This would have been mid 90s. I really didn't like the tone of the guitar at all so I just politely handed it back.

It most likely had HFS which is the one prs pickup i do not care for.

Fast forward 10 years or so and I was looking for a better alternative to a LP. I dont remember how but I became interested in the McCarty model.

My wife bought me one as a surprise gift just out of the blue and that got the prs ball rolling.

Gold works so well with the faded blue. Gorgeous guitar man.

Nice guitar...enjoy!!!!
Love the gold HW.

Thanks guys! I'll admit before I saw it in person the one thing I wasnt sure about was the gold HW. Only becuase I've never owned a gold HW guitar but the other one I want and played was hybrid, not a stretch to go full gold. But man do I love it and more so every day since its the only one! Looks killer with the blue

I hear ya.

The first time I was introduced to prs I was playing with some new guys and we were contemplating forming a band. I knew the bass player and he convinced me to try this guys prs.

This would have been mid 90s. I really didn't like the tone of the guitar at all so I just politely handed it back.

It most likely had HFS which is the one prs pickup i do not care for.

Fast forward 10 years or so and I was looking for a better alternative to a LP. I dont remember how but I became interested in the McCarty model.

My wife bought me one as a surprise gift just out of the blue and that got the prs ball rolling.

I felt the same about the HFS/VB, albeit the Korean ones. I couldn't get with them on my 30th CU24 floyd se, otherwise a fantastic guitar, but slapped in a set of JB/Jazz and all is right with the world.

Funny I had the HFS/VBs in a drawer and have a LP that I figured would be perfect for a set of zebras..put em in and haven't turned back, the perfect set of growl in that guitar. Not really everyday sound but man its awesome. My girlfriend is a professional musician with an ear made for music. She rates them a 9 minus in the LP but didn't like them at all in the 30th.

What an awesome gift from the wife! I could only wish be so lucky some day..

I felt the same about the HFS/VB, albeit the Korean ones. I couldn't get with them on my 30th CU24 floyd se, otherwise a fantastic guitar, but slapped in a set of JB/Jazz and all is right with the world.

Funny I had the HFS/VBs in a drawer and have a LP that I figured would be perfect for a set of zebras..put em in and haven't turned back, the perfect set of growl in that guitar. Not really everyday sound but man its awesome. My girlfriend is a professional musician with an ear made for music. She rates them a 9 minus in the LP but didn't like them at all in the 30th.

What an awesome gift from the wife! I could only wish be so lucky some day..
I should add that the HFS is a totally different pickup tuned to D or lower.

I actually liked it detuned. But standard or half step down not so much.

Back