NGD: CU24-08 Beach Fade (Chuck Levin's Anniversary run)

Updating initial post with a flyover of the guitar, enjoy !

Getting the colors is incredibly difficult for me (except for basic ones, or when I get hints from pros about mix ratios)
For those truss rod covers I got the beach part quickly enough as the colors are very close to the base colors from TransTint. I gave up matching the blue, but the one I got worked quite well for such a small part.

Fade technique is the easiest part, this taught me all I needed to know:

The red/yellow fade was the first one I attempted:
49166635463_7543be4143_c.jpg

Things got a bit out of control after that:

49167108506_d91eac75ab_o.jpg

49167107431_3f67a906d3_b.jpg

49167107341_90974d6fa1_b.jpg
Beautiful work!
Nice wood from the folks down in Puyallup WA too :)

... and with the stained cover:
49171412883_fdfea60c40_b.jpg

49171412698_25178af96a_b.jpg

The natural curly maple one is a cleaner and more seamless look. The stained one is a more typical flashy (tacky?) PS style, pretty cool either way.

NGD thread for the CU24-08 in NL coming soon.

... and with the stained cover:
49171412883_fdfea60c40_b.jpg

49171412698_25178af96a_b.jpg

The natural curly maple one is a cleaner and more seamless look. The stained one is a more typical flashy (tacky?) PS style, pretty cool either way.

NGD thread for the CU24-08 in NL coming soon.
Not gonna lie - These pics haunt me! Killer looking guitar and TRC! Love the contrast with the nattie flame maple fretboard.

Reverb shows a new CL Beach Fade run, but Ebony boards :eek:

Gotta say I prefer the maple boards :)

Just noticed them on Reverb and was going to post here in case someone was interested in a beach fade CU24-08.

Turns out wood tuner buttons made for Gotoh 510/301 fit Phase III tuners and I happen to have two sets left...
I strongly suspect I'll be making stained buttons and matching back plates in the near future :)

About a week late, but thanks to docteurseb, I am now the proud owner of this beautiful guitar! Fantastic, one of the best I've ever played, I'm in LOVE!

Here's a CU24-08 I ordered from Chuck Levin's which was part of a Wood Library run for their store's anniversary.
They also had (and in some cases still have) a few CU24-08 and 594s in Northern Lights, Absynthe, and Laguna.
Ah yes... I also got one of their 24-08 in Northern Lights last month.
I won't really try to justify getting two of those... besides always wanting those colors and also not being terribly worried about resale value if it comes to that.

I had a fantastic experience dealing with Luke and Evan at Chuck Levin's, I wouldn't hesitate buying a 3rd guitar from them but I do hope they run out unique and awesome looking guitars.

Was a bit bored post-Thanksgiving so I made a curly maple truss rod cover for it earlier today.
I'm also trying to make couple in my approximation of Beach Fade (last pic) for a more typical Private Stock look.
The quilt maple one looks cool, the other one didn't accept stains quite as well and was a darker piece of wood.
The beach part matches perfectly the body and it was relatively easy to get the color.
The water is a bit dark as I ran out of patience trying to get an intermediate bright cyan. I'll try again one day, it just requires way too much trial and error to get a cyan color.

49156042176_21fd9b2c6b_h.jpg

49156263992_b3ac42d879_h.jpg

49155551228_4c6e343d02_h.jpg

49156262627_4f5ad7bd85_h.jpg

49156040596_a2d8b171f6_h.jpg

49156265267_475b78d64f_h.jpg

Enjoy ;-)
Always happy to help, I absolutely loved the looks and feel of that one but having two others CU24/24-08 it was a bit too much to keep them all. Plus I had my sight on a MEV... ;-)

About a week late, but thanks to docteurseb, I am now the proud owner of this beautiful guitar! Fantastic, one of the best I've ever played, I'm in LOVE!
You probably saved my marriage by purchasing that fine beauty! :)

It's never too late ! You do know that Brian's store anniversary Wood Library run will have many semi-hollow Special in Beach Fade and Iceberg fade ?

It's never too late ! You do know that Brian's store anniversary Wood Library run will have many semi-hollow Special in Beach Fade and Iceberg fade ?
Oh believe me, I know where all the Beach fades are currently available or coming in soon! Now stop trying to break up my marriage! :p:D

My wife actually encouraged me to buy it! She had seen me drooling over it, looking at it non stop. Then Friday night, we had just gone to bed, and she asked me what was new and if I had found any guitars that I liked. I told her yeah, I love that beach fade and she said buy it. I of course said no, but she said go ahead, she wanted me to have it, so I messaged him right then and there, at nearly 1 am Eastern time, and we worked out a deal by morning.

Back