NGD CU22

Rider1260

This the result of another trade, I met Steve here talk about how he was looking for long scale PRSi .
He found one that was heavily modded with 59/09s but it turns out he was also interested in mine so after driving the Champaign Illinois, I am now the proud owner of this 2006 CU22 Stop tail says it has a Wide Thin neck but it feels fatter, Dragon 2 pickups Gold hardware, Natural back , old school birds and believe it or not this is not a 10.
Tone wise this thing is killer the neck pickup is one of the best I have clear and full at the same time and the bridge is bright and powerful.
I have always loved the 25" scale and 22 fret PRSi and seem to be leaning heavily toward CU22s these days.
and now the pics

I have a SE Soapbar II, my first ever PRS and one of my favorites. I've always wondered how the 2, 3 and 4 positions sounded, and whether you'd miss the middle 3-way sound.

The Soapy is a fun guitar, and the bridge pickup is a rocker to be honest I have not really explored what this guitar can do.
The neck is really nice not as smooth as a rosewood ( more satin feeling )
Tone wise its a great match for my new CU22 setting

How do you like your maple Cu22 Soapie?

Looks beautiful!!! I'm with you on the Dragon II neck pickup....that's one of my absolute favorites, both for clean and overdriven tones. It sounds really great when coil-split (or tapped, whichever is the correct term), too.

Congrats!!!

Wow!!! Nice guitar! LOL My 2 regrets are letting it go and not having more time to talk shop with Mike. We had a wedding to attend to in Champaign Illinois so I didn't have much time to spare.

I too regret not having more time !!!! it was tough to let go of the one you got this was a win, win for both of us I think :)

I'm not a huge fan of gold hardware...but on that guitar, it just works.

It's gorgeous. Congrats on a wonderful acquisition.

I love that one also ( love all my guitars ) Frost 408 Standard with a rosewood neck :)

Back