NGD: Core Mark Holcomb Custom 24

Utkarsh

Ministry of guitar
Well technically it's a belated NGD as I got the guitar two weeks ago but I really wanted to play the guitar properly for a while and provide an informed review. Also after the two recent NGDs of the 8 string and the Purple Artist custom 24, I thought you lot would murder me.

It was quite difficult getting this guitar. These are getting extremely rare since the SE version is going gangbusters and there are less than a 100 of the cores to my knowledge (does anyone here know the exact number).

I literally had to cajol the previous owner to part with it (price negotiation was out of the question) but luckily I did succeed. It helped that he had his eyes on something else and made a tidy profit since these things have gone up like crazy in the last year. It was a bit eye watering but I consoled myself since this had one of the best tops I have ever seen on a Holcomb. Also, it was practically mint other than the usual PRS nickel hardware aging.

All my thoughts, as always, are captured in the video review but this year, I have decided to put pen to paper (or keyboard to screen) as well and provide some prose on top of the usual video content.

So choose your poison

Article ( I'm still struggling to upload pictures since IMGUR stopped working for me so all the pictures are here)
https://www.ministryofguitar.com/post/prs-usa-mark-holcomb-review

Video

How is that fingerboard compared to a normal PRS, feel really flat?

great top on that one. Your getting a pretty obscene collection going.... :)

It's not as much of an adjustment as one would think. Honestly after 15 minutes I stopped noticing

Will watch the whole video later but I checked the first couple minutes to get a peek and it’s stunning!
How is that fingerboard compared to a normal PRS, feel really flat?

great top on that one. Your getting a pretty obscene collection going.... :)

It's not as much of an adjustment as one would think. Honestly after 15 minutes I stopped noticing
I kind of agree with this. I ran into a used one, beat up at GC some years back and was surprised as I generally hate flat radius boards. They did a nice job on the compound. I actually quite enjoyed it. While not ideal for me, I played it for a good hour at the store and it was fun to play.

I can relate. I had a core line Holcomb model which was the closest I've ever come to owning a Private Stock... it looked that good. But, I was persuaded out of it.

Well written article, I’d love to snag one of these one day. They seem to pop up on eBay or reverb every other month or so, but you’re right, few are in top condition.

Back