NGD Clint Lowery SE and 1st PRS

Rich5150

Just got it in amazing guitar, huge fan of Clint and his playing as well as 7D.
null_zps09b0a4e0.jpg

I can't believe no one posted about this NGD ......I love the black...so sexy

I must have missed it! Happy belated New Guitar Day!!

I played my 1st gig with my Lowery this weekend and was happy with it. I was hoping it would be a big upgrade from my Mushok but it was more of a lateral thing. Moving lateral from good to good isn't such a bad thing. I like it.

Congrats! I dig those guitars a lot. Love 7D and Clint's a super nice guy.

Congrats on the NGD. I will have one of these someday...I don't do alot of drop tunings, but I really like the idea of a 24F stoptail with a WF neck...plus it's understatedly badass-looking!

Thanks all. Yea I love this guitar, I've done some upgrades to it but really that's just personal preferences.
Clint was the main reason I picked this up I've had more than a few talks w him over the years as well as the rest of the 7D guys and they are all just the most humble and genuine people I've met and very approachable as well. I plan on getting another one soon, wish they would come out with another color like white w black binding I think would be awesome.

Just put the black lampshade knobs on and changed the pickups to the EMG HetSet, trying to decide if I'm going to do locking tuners or not.

I do like the look of the upgrades. The emgs don't split though which would be nice.

Come to think of it , if you are playing in down tuning, why would you even split...lol. Metal core bands don't play country lol

How do you like the hetfields ?

I liking them I have wanted to try them since they came out, I got lucky and found a unopened set locally for a really good price and I knew w the hardware on the Lowery I would try them in it. I have Suhr and Duncan pickups in my other guitars so just wanted a different flavor in this one. IMO they are what emg stated a beefed up 81/60 combo clearer and tighter though. I'd def pick up another set again.

I read that they almost sounded like a passive which jh wanted. Well I might just throw a set in with a booster, when my new guitar gets here....oops I did not say a NGD is coming did I lol

Did this guitar really worth it?, I really like the looks but I heard it is an student grade guitar, in which level is this true?, did the guitar original pick ups do not sound pro?

I would really appreciate any feedback from any clint lowery guitars owners

Did this guitar really worth it?, I really like the looks but I heard it is an student grade guitar, in which level is this true?, did the guitar original pick ups do not sound pro?

I would really appreciate any feedback from any clint lowery guitars owners

This is guitar is very much worth every penny and I think anyone who owns one will say the same. It is not a student grade guitar at all, the pickup swap was purely my own choice and I no way a slam on the stock pickups. I had. The stocks in for almost 6 mo before swapping them and actually quite liked them I knew I wanted to try the JH set and knew this would be the guitar they would go into.

I have talked to a Clint and what you buy is exactly what he uses live completely stock, that's good enough for me.

i plan on getting a couple more when I'm able to

Back