NGD - Charcoal 408 Standard Rosie

south89

Look what showed up at my door :proud:
ups1.jpg

Well I can dream a liitle right ? Any way on to the business at hand . Here she is
P1020465.jpg

P1020466.jpg

Looks like its a black guitar right ? Well thats what I thought also when I got it out of the case but it is supposed to be charcoal. Once you put a flash from a camera or an actual flashlight on it this is what you see.
P1020475.jpg

The guitar plays like a dream right out of the box . Perfectly in tune and ready to Rock:rock:. Oh and the rosewood neck is definately an added bonus.
P1020468.jpg

That's sweet. At first I thought the same as you until ypu flipped the guitar. Great score

Killer!

I know there are some black 408 pickup rings out there in the world. And ebony tuner buttons. Just sayin...

:evil:

Hans- I like the way you think that would definately be very cool . Where would be a good place to find the 408 pickup rings ? I have looked and didn't have much luck.

I must say I am a little bummed about hte so called charcoal because it doesn't look like what is represented on the website. I was expecting to be able to see more of the wood grain of the guitar.

Hans- I like the way you think that would definately be very cool . Where would be a good place to find the 408 pickup rings ? I have looked and didn't have much luck.
I have seen a set but they were on a Private Stock guitar. Perhaps they are only available through the PS program.

I must say I am a little bummed about the so called charcoal because it doesn't look like what is represented on the website. I was expecting to be able to see more of the wood grain of the guitar.
Return it and get one you love. I had a 20th Anniversary CU24 Artist like that. From far away it was black but under the bright stage lights (or photographed with a flash) the top popped.

None more black!

20thAnnieBlack.jpg

I wish that were my delivery person :)
Great looking guitar! I'd definitely go black rings.

Congrats that's a real beauty, however that delivery girl is awesome! :)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;30581 said:
I have seen a set but they were on a Private Stock guitar. Perhaps they are only available through the PS program.

Return it and get one you love. I had a 20th Anniversary CU24 Artist like that. From far away it was black but under the bright stage lights (or photographed with a flash) the top popped.

None more black!

20thAnnieBlack.jpg

Hans- Funny you say that and call me crazy but I was serioiusly thinking about contact Shawn and seeing about sending her for a trip to the PTC and get it refinished in the charcoal satin finish so that the wood grains would be more visible . While she was there if maybe I could coax some of those black pup rings and ebony tuner buttons out of Shawn ( eh hum SHAWN :wave: hint , hint )

I don't know, man. That box looks a little beat up. If she can't carry a five pound box of face cream, how is she supposed to carry 25 lbs of guitar and case. :)
Good point BUT how could you be disappointed with a delivery person like that :rofl:

Hans- Funny you say that and call me crazy but I was serioiusly thinking about contact Shawn and seeing about sending her for a trip to the PTC and get it refinished in the charcoal satin finish so that the wood grains would be more visible . While she was there if maybe I could coax some of those black pup rings and ebony tuner buttons out of Shawn ( eh hum SHAWN :wave: hint , hint )

Now when you say "her", you're talking about the guitar right? :)

I will echo your sentiments concerning the Charcoal finish on an all mahogany body. I find it too dark as well.

I didn't realize that it was all hog. That certainly explains why none of the grain showed up in the photo.

Regarding what "her" means... I'm still stuck on the 20-pound box of "creme". More specifically, what she's got planned for it.

Now when you say "her", you're talking about the guitar right? :)

I will echo your sentiments concerning the Charcoal finish on an all mahogany body. I find it too dark as well.

Shawn,

So could this be something that the PTC could do as far as getting a lighter finish ala some of the old satin finish charcoal PRS that I have seen before?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;30614 said:
I didn't realize that it was all hog. That certainly explains why none of the grain showed up in the photo.

Regarding what "her" means... I'm still stuck on the 20-pound box of "creme". More specifically, what she's got planned for it.

Well Hans some things just have to be left to the imagination :eek:

Hi Matt,

The problem with the charcoal on mahogany is that to get even coverage, that doesn't look blotchy, requires a lot of color. We could do something for you, but I don't know if the results would justify the price. I would love to have your business, but I don't want you to walk away feeling you didn't get your money's worth. We could do something else altogether like Frost Blue Metallic or try something like Vintage Cherry if you're interested in that?

Shawn,

Correct if I am wrong but wasn't there at one time guitars that were mahogany in charcoal stain with just a satin finish as opposed to the gloss so that the wood grain came through more? I am just asking because I am not very knowledgable in differant finishes and what not . Thanks for your responses .

Back