NGD: CE24 Floyd has landed!

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
According to UPS this wasn't supposed to come till Monday but surprise, here it is!

So first of all let me talk about the finish. This is Waring burst and it is very difficult to photograph accurately. In person it's a deep gorgeous plum and the pictures I took really don't do it justice. When I get more time I'll try to take some pictures with my good camera and see if I can't get a better representation of the color. But if you're on the fence about this finish don't even worry about it because in person it's really breathtaking.

Fit, finish and set up are all perfect as usual. It was in tune right out of the box and I messed around with the Floyd a bit and tuning was rock solid.

I only got to play it briefly so far and I didn't get to plug it in so I'll update later about the pickups. The neck does feel slightly thinner than my other pattern thin necks but I'll have to do some back to back playing to really get to know the difference. I've included a picture of the CE24 Floyd next to my RLCE24 and CU24, both of those have normal pattern thin necks.

My one gripe so far is it comes strung with 10's and in standard tuning. Being a big fan of Dustie and Between the Buried and Me I was planning on finally diving in and trying to learn their songs but Dustie tunes to C# standard. So I'll have to totally overhaul the set up for some thicker strings and drop tuning. Being his signature guitar I thought it would come set up with the string gauge and tuning he uses. Not a huge deal but slightly irritating.

Also every listing I've seen for this says it comes with phase III tuners but it has the same S2 tuners as my other CE24. No big deal there as I think they work just as well as the phase III tuners but just odd that the PRS site says they come with phase III tuners.

Anyways here are some quick cellphone pictures for now!

99WCr4a.jpg

14SIxXo.jpg

K56elql.jpg

q5uQDH7.jpg

Thank you for the pics! I was leaning towards the Gray Black but this one is growing on me. It's more interesting and since I have already a Gray Black Floyd makes more sense. Windows still open :).

Would you say in person the top is Core line quality?

Would you say in person the top is Core line quality?

I'd say it's on par with a standard non 10 top core. The figuring is a little more pronounced in person but I think the pictures accurately reflect the figuring pretty well.

I do have to stress though in person the color is really much much better than pictures. It's definitely a challenging finish to accurately photograph.

Tomorrow I'll have time to get some to plug it in and run it through it's paces as well as get some better pictures side by side with my 10 top to give you a better comparison.

Nice!!! I really like the look of these and really like that they come with maple boards. I also like the switching positions with the toggle away from where the trem arm would sit.

Congrats, enjoy your new guitar!!!

Back