NGD CE...

lynnj163

Jeff Lynn
I've been eyeing these since they were first announced. I didn't ever think I would be able to afford one but I still watched all the videos and reviews I could find. Luckily over the past year I've been able to pickup a Custom 24 and this one. Crazy what difference a year makes. I was able to work out a trade deal on this one for an American Strat that was going mostly unplayed. Might be the best trade I've ever made. I'm in love!!!

Beautiful. How does it compare to an actual strat? I've never owned a CE. Is the three piece neck stable?

Thanks everyone. I'm excited today is Saturday so I can play it!

Beautiful. How does it compare to an actual strat? I've never owned a CE. Is the three piece neck stable?

Thanks, in my opinion it is much better than the strat. It has great single coil tones and you still have the full humbucker sounds in both pickup positions. It goes from nice and chimey single coil tones, to heavier rock tones and does it all great. I like the PRS thin neck profile so it feels better to my hands than the strat did. I wouldn't think twice about buying this over a Strat. Even though the Strat was a great guitar and I did enjoy it, this is much better guitar for what it is and for my use.

I just bought a PRS CE24 this Tuesday, and it's incredible. Can't set it down. No issues. Best setup (out-of-the-box) that I can remember. I've read and watched the same reviews and see no issue with a 3-piece maple neck. Kiesel Guitars charges more for a 5-piece neck, and Ibanez touts about their 5-piece wizard necks. The bridge and tuners are excellent, and the non-recessed back plates are no big deal to me. The modified maple top is still quite thick, and comfortable to play. This guitar vibrates and sustains. I also have Music Man Majesty guitars and an Ibanez RG652. The PRS CE24 fits right in on price point, and plays the best upon delivery. I ordered the PRS Hardshell Case though. The included PRS Gig Bag makes for a nice dust cover, but doesn't offer much neck support or drop protection. I wouldn't use it with a $2k guitar. I'll stick with my MONO Vertigo for a gig bag.

I just bought a PRS CE24 this Tuesday, and it's incredible. Can't set it down. No issues. Best setup (out-of-the-box) that I can remember. I've read and watched the same reviews and see no issue with a 3-piece maple neck. Kiesel Guitars charges more for a 5-piece neck, and Ibanez touts about their 5-piece wizard necks. The bridge and tuners are excellent, and the non-recessed back plates are no big deal to me. The modified maple top is still quite thick, and comfortable to play. This guitar vibrates and sustains. I also have Music Man Majesty guitars and an Ibanez RG652. The PRS CE24 fits right in on price point, and plays the best upon delivery. I ordered the PRS Hardshell Case though. The included PRS Gig Bag makes for a nice dust cover, but doesn't offer much neck support or drop protection. I wouldn't use it with a $2k guitar. I'll stick with my MONO Vertigo for a gig bag.

I'd have to 2nd this. I've had mine for a week now and have nothing bad to say about it. Tuning is rock solid on mine with no issues and the pickups are even better now that I've had time to dial them in on my setup. I can't speak on the gig bag specifically because the guy I got mine from had already bought a PRS hardshell case for it. I've always been weary of gig bags myself anyway so I honestly would have bought a hard case for it anyway. I've owned a few Strats and maybe I've not had the right one but I can't imagine a Strat that I would choose over the CE.

I'd have to 2nd this. I've had mine for a week now and have nothing bad to say about it. Tuning is rock solid on mine with no issues and the pickups are even better now that I've had time to dial them in on my setup. I can't speak on the gig bag specifically because the guy I got mine from had already bought a PRS hardshell case for it. I've always been weary of gig bags myself anyway so I honestly would have bought a hard case for it anyway. I've owned a few Strats and maybe I've not had the right one but I can't imagine a Strat that I would choose over the CE.

I'm the same as you guys. I've had my first CE24 (my first PRS ever) for less than a week before I went out and bought a second one. I've been playing nice MIA strats, teles, EBMMs, and Gibbys for 17+ years and the CE24 is just wonderful. From the strat world... its the bridge sound I wish I could have got sticking all those humbuckers in my strat. From an EBMM world... the neck quality and finish is there. From the Gibby world its got the SG neck access without the neck dive.

When I get home later today I'll start a NGD thread with pictures :) Got one in a custom color metallic green and another in Champagne Gold.

Man what a beautiful top on that guitar....color is perfect! GAS is hitting me hard after seeing this one.

Back