NGD CE 24 with 58/18 LT pickups

Broseph

PRS Fren
Here is my new baby. I managed to track down a CE with 58/15 LT pickups, courtesy of a Willcutt 50th anniversary run when 50 of them were made in all kinds of finishes in 2018. Of course I did some cosmetic mods to make it my own: amber knobs, custom truss cover rod cover, changing the thumbscrews to SS version, and using gold screws on the pickup rings. I’m in love with the McCarty sunburst finish: very tasteful with natural satin maple neck and cherry finish on the back.

Functionally I upgraded with the MannMade tremolo block kit. Previous experience with the tremolo system taught me I prefer brass and the ability to change strings without the ball end constantly getting stuck. The sustain is unreal now and this can ring for days!
hkpLLqy.jpg
vOjHAc2.jpg
YAAWpqn.jpg

That is a great looking guitar congratulations. I’m curious what those pickups sound like on a 24? I have a 24-08 with mt pickups and a 594 with LT’s. Would you have experience with these two to describe which one is closer to your new 24? I’ve never played a CE before to know how that differs from core.

Thanks. I feel they really stepped it up with their flame for this CE run! Much better than a semihollow I use to own.

That is a great looking guitar congratulations. I’m curious what those pickups sound like on a 24? I have a 24-08 with mt pickups and a 594 with LT’s. Would you have experience with these two to describe which one is closer to your new 24? I’ve never played a CE before to know how that differs from core.

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure. Only cores I’ve played have been 85/15 and \m/.

Beautiful guitar! Love the covered pickups on there. Were the Silver Sky thumb screws a direct replacement? No mod necessary? I am looking to replace my CE bridge with MannMade Satin Nickel and would love to match everything up (satin tuner buttons, thumb screws, etc.).
Thanks!

Beautiful guitar! Love the covered pickups on there. Were the Silver Sky thumb screws a direct replacement? No mod necessary? I am looking to replace my CE bridge with MannMade Satin Nickel and would love to match everything up (satin tuner buttons, thumb screws, etc.).
Thanks!
No mod. Simple replacement.

Back