NGD - CE 24 SH (My first USA PRS)

Very nice! Does it sound a little like an ES-335?

I don't know that I can speak to that, but the brass saddles and block mellowed out the high frequencies and added an insane amount of sustain although it already had that. I'm sure with the swap you can get close to that tone.

Best way I can describe it is this, I played a PRS Studio and found it was extremely smooth. Notes were far but not muddy. I loved my CE24 but it was smooth like that. Once I changed out the steel block and saddles it was closer to the core models I had played. I wish I had done the upgrade sooner.

Congrats! They're phenomenal guitars! Look at upgrading the saddles and tone blocks later on down the road. I did that to my CE24 after owning it for about 6 years and didn't realize how much it improved and already phenomenal guitar.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind. Right now, I don't feel like changing anything, but maybe at some point in the future I might.

Very nice! Does it sound a little like an ES-335?

I don't know that I can speak to that, but the brass saddles and block mellowed out the high frequencies and added an insane amount of sustain although it already had that. I'm sure with the swap you can get close to that tone.

Best way I can describe it is this, I played a PRS Studio and found it was extremely smooth. Notes were far but not muddy. I loved my CE24 but it was smooth like that. Once I changed out the steel block and saddles it was closer to the core models I had played. I wish I had done the upgrade sooner.
I don't have any experience with ES-335, so I can't really say. What I will say though is that from the videos the high end sounded a little too harsh for me, however through my Katana I don't have any problem with the sound. It sounds very warm and clear. Not as warm as my Zach Myers, but nothing too harsh. Even the split coil sounds are nice and not too spiky.

Back