NGD, but what would you do? (Updated Info)

Here's what PRS said...

"Hi Sonny,

Thanks for contacting PRS.

It is hard to tell from th photo. The pickup may need to be adjusted in the ring. Can you take the guitar to your PRS dealer for an upclose evaluation ?

Thanks,

Sean"

Found a good dealer near me. One was GC, told them I'd never let GC work on a guitar I have.

The rep replied back,
"I see what you are talking about. I think it is a combination of things. The bridge itself is slanted so the bass side is back a little bit further. That is on purpose for intonation and they are all like that. I do think it looks like the pickup is slightly off as well.
I think it may be an optical illusion from the bridge and the wood grain that makes the pickup look further off than it is though."

It's crooked. The frets line up with the botton of my screen almost exactly parallel. Scroll down and the bass/neck pickup does too. Scroll down more and the bridge PU is very obviously tipped up / rotated clockwise. The bridge is the other way, as you'd exect for intonation, which probably exaggerates the visual effect.

It's crooked. The frets line up with the botton of my screen almost exactly parallel. Scroll down and the bass/neck pickup does too. Scroll down more and the bridge PU is very obviously tipped up / rotated clockwise. The bridge is the other way, as you'd exect for intonation, which probably exaggerates the visual effect.

I just did the same, and you're right. Still talking to PRS about it.

I just did the same, and you're right. Still talking to PRS about it.

I had a lot of practice from when I had a guitar with what looked like a wonky pickup trying to work out what was wrong:rolleyes: On mine I could see somethig wasnlt quite right but couldn't be sure what. Your guitar looks really nice. Like Sergio said you could probably square the pickup up - mine was the trem mounting screws were drilled out of alignment with the frets / everyting else so not much I could do.

vcbbV64.jpg

That top looks so nice, I would just leave it as is, as long as it plays well and sounds good. :) It really isn’t that noticeable, even after you pointed it out. I can understand if it bothers you though.

Actually, the one on the right is slightly crooked the other way. o_O lol

That top looks so nice, I would just leave it as is, as long as it plays well and sounds good. :) It really isn’t that noticeable, even after you pointed it out. I can understand if it bothers you though.

Actually, the one on the right is slightly crooked the other way. o_O lol

Just cant believe PRS is shipping them like that. Most of them on Sweetwater's site look like that.

Well the dealer, acted as if nothing is wrong.

Yeah, but it’s their job to handle it. Besides, Forum rules state that Customer Service matters shouldn’t be posted here. Don’t get me wrong, I want you have a bada$$ PRS that you’ll love forever!

Last edited:
Yeah, but it’s there job to handle it. Besides, Forum rules state that Customer Service matters shouldn’t be posted here. Don’t get me wrong, I want you have a bada$$ PRS that you’ll love forever!

Already been in touch with them. Waiting to hear back.

No ifs, ands, or buts, if you don’t like it send it back, period. I didn’t see any “acting as if nothing is wrong”, where do you get that?

I know who the dealer is, and they absolutely will take it back, no question about it.

Might be on page one. I put the Sweetwater reply in this thread.

No ifs, ands, or buts, if you don’t like it send it back, period. I didn’t see any “acting as if nothing is wrong”, where do you get that?

I know who the dealer is, and they absolutely will take it back, no question about it.
It's reply #23.

Back