NGD, but what would you do? (Updated Info)

snfrd84

About the crooked pup?
oYq4vDd.jpg

Last edited:
I had one and never noticed it.......those pups appear to be perfectly aligned but it’s the bridge angled. Also i looked online at pics of tops of other examples of that model and they all look that way. Weird how once you see it you can’t unsee it.

I had one and never noticed it.......those pups appear to be perfectly aligned but it’s the bridge angled. Also i looked online at pics of tops of other examples of that model and they all look that way. Weird how once you see it you can’t unsee it.

Very true. I'll go look.

I’m pretty sure that bridge pup is angled, but as with all things relating to my eyesight, the only way to be sure would be to measure the distance between both ends properly.

Spoke to my "Sales Engineer", he says the bridge is slightly angled, but the pup should be straight. I replied, if that's true, then wouldn't both pups look the same?

Yeah that pickup looks angled and maybe a bit too far from the bridge. Could just be an optical illusion because of the veneer, but I don't think so.

The rep replied back,
"I see what you are talking about. I think it is a combination of things. The bridge itself is slanted so the bass side is back a little bit further. That is on purpose for intonation and they are all like that. I do think it looks like the pickup is slightly off as well.
I think it may be an optical illusion from the bridge and the wood grain that makes the pickup look further off than it is though."

Well it's definitely crooked. You can crop the picture to remove the bridge and most of the flame and can quite clearly see that the neck pickup is straight and the bridge is slanted

Well it's definitely crooked. You can crop the picture to remove the bridge and most of the flame and can quite clearly see that the neck pickup is straight and the bridge is slanted

Yep. Just seems they either a)trying to convice me it's an illusion, or b)not really wanting to do anything.

And even the 55 point inspection card shows "it was checked out", but that's crazy to me.

Just from the Picture and scrolling up and down, I can see the difference and where its 'out'. Using the edges of my screen to see how level the pup's and bridge is, I can see which are 'level' and which appears out. The neck PU appears to be level - both the top and bottom line up with the edge of my screen so using that as a guide, the bridge PU is angled with the bass side closer to the neck PU and the Bridge is closer to the Neck PU on the treble side. Because both the Bridge and Bridge PU are angled differently, it makes the Bridge PU look even more 'wrong' than it is.

Back