NGD: Buckeye Burl SC594

Just saw this on SS, but needed to comment again - as I hadn't noticed the cool back of the headstock thing you've done.

Also we need to know how it sounds, and how the wood combos all work compared to a more standard SC.

Again HGND dude

I had to come back for another look. PRS always makes art, but that is museum-grade ART!

I’m curious how the tone works out, too!

Wow! That's gorgeous!!! It's actually kind of beautiful and arguably a little bit hideous all at once, but the beautiful part overwhelms the hideous part pretty much immediately and then it's just gorgeous. As much as I like looking at them, I often can't see myself playing some of the more ornate PRS guitars I see posted around here. But I could EASILY see myself playing this one. Unique and amazing.

Congratulations. Enjoy!

-Ray

Happy NGD to you! Stunning choice of woods, the side shot of the burl, maple and limba is outstanding.

My name is AR and I’m a wood junkie!;)

Totally Badazz Jay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Markie, I really appreciate it. I'm in awe of this one, the boys at PRS really outdid themselves.

Stunning beyond words.

Thanks man, and I couldn't agree more. Really happy with this one.

Just saw this on SS, but needed to comment again - as I hadn't noticed the cool back of the headstock thing you've done.

Also we need to know how it sounds, and how the wood combos all work compared to a more standard SC.

Again HGND dude

Thanks man, what's your handle on SS? I still need to plug her into my Engl Invader, just haven't had a chance yet :(. The buckeye stinger is one of my favorite aspects of the build :D.

I had to come back for another look. PRS always makes art, but that is museum-grade ART!

I’m curious how the tone works out, too!

Thanks Les, really appreciate the kind words. I agree, in my eyes all PRS guitars are works of art. With unbeatable aesthetics and craftsmanship they're all beautiful, but for my personal tastes, this is one of my favorites. Obviously I'm a bit biased though :D. Time and time again, they still manage to surprise me with their wood selection even after all these years.

I will definitely provide a tone report when I get a change to plug this in on Sunday. I'm expecting good things and can't wait,

holly fek! that thing is stunning!
wanna trade? I've got a good liver and kidney?

Thanks man, and I'll pass on the organs for now. Maybe need you in the future though :D.

Wow! That's gorgeous!!! It's actually kind of beautiful and arguably a little bit hideous all at once, but the beautiful part overwhelms the hideous part pretty much immediately and then it's just gorgeous. As much as I like looking at them, I often can't see myself playing some of the more ornate PRS guitars I see posted around here. But I could EASILY see myself playing this one. Unique and amazing.

Congratulations. Enjoy!

-Ray

Thanks Ray, appreciate the kind words and I agree it's a unique guitar. The Burl woods are beautiful for my tastes, but they do have some ugly parts to them. There's the occasional knot while much of the figure is very swirly and aggressive. Very different from the usual "pretty" maple that PRS uses, but I love woods like this and it's great to mix it up once in a while. There are some additional appointment to spice things up, but I feel it's done in a subtle way which adds that little extra without being gaudy.

I’ve been watching this one for a while.
Fantastic build.

Really appreciate that, I'm very happy that the specs I changed/added worked out. This was probably the worst wait yet :D.

Man that's like the wagyu of tone woods right there!

Best marbling ever!

Love me some wagyu!!! I can see some wood marbling :D.

Off topic.....love the Star Wars nod.

Star Wars? Hmmm, I totally missed something lol.

Happy NGD to you! Stunning choice of woods, the side shot of the burl, maple and limba is outstanding.

My name is AR and I’m a wood junkie!;)

I'm a wood junkie myself and I love that side shot when you can see all that layering. The Burl maple binding on the body turned out really well. The PS team are a bunch of wizards!

this guitar makes me gently weep.

I've wept waiting for it, that's definite :D.

Last edited:
Wow, the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen. I just got a gorgeuous hb2 artist and now it feels kinda meh. Thanks jerk!!

haha, j/k congrats on an amazing guitar. That's like a family heirloom piece right there. I'd almost be scared to play it. almost...

Back