NGD! Brent Mason Signature AMAZING!

David Grantham

Just spent a few hours setting up and playing a new Brent Mason model. I have many guitars that fall into the "versatile" category including a 513, SAS H-S-H with fralins, even a SAS with DGT's and I must say that the Brent Mason signature model does more for my purposes than any of the others. The only guitar that I have that wanders into this territory is my 3 pickup Thorn semi hollow tele with a mini humbucker in the neck. The Brent Mason model does perfect Tele/Strat sounds and even a nice Jazz tone in the neck position. It seems that this is truly a "no compromise" sound design. I believe that I may end up selling some of the others. PRS has hit a home run with this one.
cba73ba0c5684e19890c3438c7f6240c.jpg

a1b19b54e788e4eac58e3d4462bc5493.jpg
b449a0053ac35eb4f23a551482dfa962.jpg

a0aa14ee0cd7feee21d08d4c7a065d2d.jpg

Last edited:
I am way more into your other "versatile" guitars that you've listed visually, but if it's as great as you are claiming I might have to get over my phobia of pick guards.

I am way more into your other "versatile" guitars that you've listed visually, but if it's as great as you are claiming I might have to get over my phobia of pick guards.

I had a vision today of this guitar with a gold anodized pick guard. Hmmmmmm! Would also love to swap out the pickups in one of my DC3s for a set of Brent Mason pickups! Would the PTC do such a lovely thing?

I had a vision today of this guitar with a gold anodized pick guard. Hmmmmmm! Would also love to swap out the pickups in one of my DC3s for a set of Brent Mason pickups! Would the PTC do such a lovely thing?

Absolutely, however I would ask you to supply the guard since we don't typically use anodized. WD Music and others will custom cut pickguards, so sourcing one shouldn't be too tough.

Absolutely, however I would ask you to supply the guard since we don't typically use anodized. WD Music and others will custom cut pickguards, so sourcing one shouldn't be too tough.
Thanks Shawn, we'll be in touch soon. Cheers!

Looks remarkably like my PRS Series II EG 1 ( h/s/h with split coils) - except mine is black with a rosewood board.

Congrats. I love mine. It's the most versatile PRS I've played. Love the neck profile on these. Thinking about another one to maybe send to the PTC for some tweaking.

Looks Amazing and it sounds as good as it looks!.

But i would love one with a matching white pick guard!. :biggrin:

Just spent a few hours setting up and playing a new Brent Mason model. I have many guitars that fall into the "versatile" category including a 513, SAS H-S-H with fralins, even a SAS with DGT's and I must say that the Brent Mason signature model does more for my purposes than any of the others. The only guitar that I have that wanders into this territory is my 3 pickup Thorn semi hollow tele with a mini humbucker in the neck. The Brent Mason model does perfect Tele/Strat sounds and even a nice Jazz tone in the neck position. It seems that this is truly a "no compromise" sound design. I believe that I may end up selling some of the others. PRS has hit a home run with this one.
cba73ba0c5684e19890c3438c7f6240c.jpg

a1b19b54e788e4eac58e3d4462bc5493.jpg
b449a0053ac35eb4f23a551482dfa962.jpg

a0aa14ee0cd7feee21d08d4c7a065d2d.jpg

If you like this guitar that much;You owe it to yourself to try a Brent Mason hot wired pedal with it. Then you'll know what it's like to walk in Brents shoes just a little bit! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE pedal is made by WAMPLER.......

Last edited:
Dave, i'm shocked hear that. wow!
The other guitars are great but this seemed to do everything I needed including a nice jazz neck pickup sound. I may sometimes be overly dramatic in my initial assessments but even a small change in a certain direction really gets my attention. Seeing the recent collection Hollowbody Brent Mason just about gave me a conniption.!

Last edited:
Now I REALLY want one!
Is the White Wash semi-transparent? It's hard to tell from the pics I've seen--it looks pretty opaque to me--so what's the difference between White Wash and Antique White? I'm leaning toward the Natural Korina anyway, but if there's some grain showing through the White Wash, that'd be awfully hard to resist!

Now I REALLY want one!
Is the White Wash semi-transparent? It's hard to tell from the pics I've seen--it looks pretty opaque to me--so what's the difference between White Wash and Antique White? I'm leaning toward the Natural Korina anyway, but if there's some grain showing through the White Wash, that'd be awfully hard to resist!

There is some grain showing through. I am also liking the natural finished color as well.

Back