NGD Brent Mason model

jfine

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
I got one!! Ordered it from Sweetwater. White wash with rosewood fingerboard. I've got pics on my computer, but I haven't figured out how to upload them yet. First impressions--the neck is killer--it's the Pattern neck, nice and full, with just the slightest hint of a V shape. Sounds real good--a little darker than I was expecting, but very good nonetheless. I'm still tweaking my amp (a Quilter MicroPro 200-8). The only problem I'm having is that my nice thick Levy's strap doesn't want to fit over those big strap buttons. Tomorrow I'll get out a sharp knife and see if I can fix that--I think I'll have to extend the slots and enlarge the holes.

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats. Pics please (I use photobucket but I know others use others)

White wash Brent Mason sig (preferably with the maple board, yum!) is high on my wish list! :biggrin: Congrats man, would love to see pics when you get them up!

Congrats - those Brent Mason models look very nice.

Rather than cut your strap - why not just take the strap buttons off, insert them through the holes in the strap (narrow/guitar end of the strap button first) and then screw them back on. Makes for a really solid strap-locks-not-required mount, provided you don't mind just folding the strap up when you put the guitar in the case rather than removing it.

I got one!! Ordered it from Sweetwater. White wash with rosewood fingerboard. I've got pics on my computer, but I haven't figured out how to upload them yet. First impressions--the neck is killer--it's the Pattern neck, nice and full, with just the slightest hint of a V shape. Sounds real good--a little darker than I was expecting, but very good nonetheless. I'm still tweaking my amp (a Quilter MicroPro 200-8). The only problem I'm having is that my nice thick Levy's strap doesn't want to fit over those big strap buttons. Tomorrow I'll get out a sharp knife and see if I can fix that--I think I'll have to extend the slots and enlarge the holes.

Congrats - those look like great guitars!

I extended the slot on my thick Levy's strap with an Xacto knife, and that's all that was necessary. The hole itself doesn't need to be enlarged.

Congrats. your thoughts on the tone?
It's a little darker-sounding than I was expecting, but that's not neccessarily a bad thing. The neck pickup with the tone rolled off some is as good a jazz tone as I've ever gotten from a solidbody--in fact, it's darn near a jazz box. The neck-and-middle and bridge-and-middle settings are real good--Strat-like in single-coil mode and a bit warmer in humbucking mode. The bridge pickup in single-coil mode actually sounds a lot like the '59 Tele I had in the mid-'70's, which was not as bright as a lot of Teles. The Pattern neck is killer--nice and full-feeling with just the slightest hint of a V. I tend to like Wide-Fat necks anyway, and this feels very similar.

Darn. I've got photos on Photobucket, but I can't get them on here.
PRSBrentMasonthree-quarterfront_zps54644248.jpg

Got one! I don't know if I'll be able to remember how I did it, but here's a pic.

Last edited:
Back