NGD - Blue Guitar Day! Paul's Guitar, Faded Blue Jean Quilt WOW

Call me nuts but I am more taken with the mahogany back than the top. That's a nice lump of timber I could look at all day.

Freakin’ beautiful guitar...congrats!!!
I had a FBJ Paul’s w same translucent blue/green back/neck but stupidly sold it (recently rectified this mistake w a Used PS graphite Paul’s). They are fantastic guitars...so light and versatile, yet easy to use. The 408s are their most versatile pickup...a “must have” in my book. It’s too bad they are not more popular, some are scared away by the non-standard size and inability to replace w a standard PU. I say...why replace perfection? PRS’s name doesn’t go on anything that isn’t top quality...and his name is on these twice. ‘Nuff said.

Call me nuts but I am more taken with the mahogany back than the top. That's a nice lump of timber I could look at all day.
thanks me to.
that was actually my number one screening tool, I made a list of five Paul's guitars, I tried to see if I could come up with five candidates with translucent back stains to make the initial list. then I tried to find blue ones, then I tried to find quilt top, a red one did make the list,
but I was able to find 4 blue translucent backs, so I totally agree I love to look at the mahogany back it makes me understand why the guitar sounds so fantastic when you can see that magical tree naturally grown up out of the earth.

The color is Royal Blue which has naturally faded over time. Congrats on a killer score! I can't get enough of my Paul's Guitar right now.

Hi Shawn, are you able to confirm that color code with the serial number, the webpage advertisement and the code from Wilcutts,
clearly says multiple times faded blue Jean, but it is obviously much brighter than the typical faded blue Jean,
River blue I also thought was a possibility, will Mod cat decoder describe the color?

but I really like the white bleached tiger stripes.
not to mention the tones.

Hi Shawn, are you able to confirm that color code with the serial number, the webpage advertisement and the code from Wilcutts,
clearly says multiple times faded blue Jean, but it is obviously much brighter than the typical faded blue Jean,
River blue I also thought was a possibility, will Mod cat decoder describe the color?

but I really like the white bleached tiger stripes.
not to mention the tones.

The code says it is Faded Blue Jean, but that is not the typical faded blue jean look.

The code says it is Faded Blue Jean, but that is not the typical faded blue jean look.
Here is the code PGM2QAT_4T_4 is that the complete code?

do I need to remove the pickup and have a look at the labels underneath in the pickups cavity,
or is that the complete code.
K7UZsBk.jpg

does anybody at PRS remember making these guitars, where the neck accidentally stained differently than the body, did you (or Paul) actually pick a yellow mahogany neck blank,

I've just stumbled across another one that looks nearly identical.
For these earlier 2014 models, I thought I read in one of the magazines that Paul was still handpicking some of the lumber for them, any truth to that.?

so it does look like it's a very bright version of faded blue Jean but not uncommon, very large range for that color.

check out this one identical green neck, blue body. very cool.

https://wildwestguitars.com/electric/prs-pauls-guitar-faded-blue-jean

it's kind of hilarious I make sure to position the guitar stand at just the right angle so some window light is falling on it so that every time I look over at it , it looks flawlessly perfectly glowing, it literally looks like it's on fire, like a blue glowing flame, like a gas burner on the stove. it truly has its own energy source. fantastic piece of art.
:)

Back