NGD (Belated) McCarty 10-Top

Solteroblues

First of all, I want to thank everyone here that offered their opinions on whether or not I should get this guitar. It all boiled down to several of your opinions that I should get whatever will make me happiest. I never did bond with the Paul's Guitar, no matter how much I loved the blue fade finish... The pickups couldn't do it for me, and the acoustic tone was nothing extra special. This one definitely meets and exceeds my needs/wants/and expectations.

This is a 2016 McCarty 10 Top. It must be some kind of special edition, because it has some unique features unlike most of the core line, including the color, and the neck binding, and I think the adjustable wrap around is different from normal, but I'm not sure. The color really changes drastically with the lighting, as you can see in the pics...

28032216171_db326d9ee3_b.jpg

First of all, the sound coming out of this guitar into my Marshall are the sounds that I've had in my head for a while. The 85/15's are so sweet sounding! The flame is exactly the kind I like, not straight and tight like they're painted on, but organic... The birds are beautiful (My camera won't focus on them so I can't get a pic) and the neck binding really makes it unique.

But what really sets this guitar apart is the acoustic tone... Strumming chords unplugged is so full and so loud...I actually can't hear the tv over it when I'm just sitting in front of it fooling around. I've always been under the impression that if a guitar sounds great unplugged, then it should be easy to make it sound good amp'd.

28032212411_9f2a8b9c07_b.jpg

28007137352_53b08f1033_b.jpg

28109601305_3c8d4879f2_b.jpg

27494807083_b27043977f_b.jpg

Here it is with its twin, my custom shop Carvin CT6...

28075789316_3fcf816f2e_b.jpg

Beautiful. The McCarty is indeed an exceptional instrument. that's a cool colour and the 58/15s are so sweet.
Double Congrats.!!!

Killer looking McCarty! Glad you followed your heart and that it worked out! Krank it up, and kick out da jams!

Triple awesome score (model,top and color) heck everything about it is so awesome
Congrats and Enjoy fooling around with the twins ;)

That's a gorgeous pair! Not sure on the color, but neck binding is standard on the 2015+ McCartys, and I am pretty sure that all 2016 PRSes have the adjustable stoptail now.

The 58/15s are indeed magical things. Treat that baby well!

That's a gorgeous pair! Not sure on the color, but neck binding is standard on the 2015+ McCartys, and I am pretty sure that all 2016 PRSes have the adjustable stoptail now.

The 58/15s are indeed magical things. Treat that baby well!

Checking the PRS website, it shows that the new 2016 McCarty still has the non-adjustable wrap-around bridge, rosewood fretboard, and Blue Crab Blue is not a listed standard color. Mine has an ebony board, so plus that and the color and bridge, it is non-standard Core line. I'll have to contact Willcutt to see what kind of one-off this is.

Last edited:
Checking the PRS website, it shows that the new 2016 McCarty still has the non-adjustable wrap-around bridge, rosewood fretboard, and Blue Crab Blue is not a listed standard color. Mine has an ebony board, so plus that and the color and bridge, it is non-standard Core line. I'll have to contact Willcutt to see what kind of one-off this is.

Didn't realize it was an ebony board. Really cool piece!

The website doesn't reflect this but I've been told that all PRS stoptail bridges are now the new adjustable one.

That blue colour in the in-case pics is absolutely gorgeous!
I'm a huge fan of natural backs too, such a beautiful instrument.

That is epic. Also, as an aside, nice photography skill.

Enjoy your ax!

Very nice! And I love that it has an ebony board. Don't know exactly why, but that just does something for me. Congrats and enjoy!

Back