NGD (belated): Custom 22 Soapbar

Paul L

I actually picked this up a couple of months ago, but am just getting around to joining the new forum (I used to be a BaMmer). Bought this as a NOS from Wildwood...it's one of the Limited models (150) that PRS built in 2010. Also my first new PRS in a long time, not to mention my only PRS at the moment. I've owned a few CU22 Soapys before (one of my all-time favorite PRS models), but I really like the DGT neck profile with the satin finish. Feels just right. Weighs exactly 8 lbs.

As I said, I've been a longtime fan of the CU22 Soapy, so please feel free to post pics of yours if you have one. Good to be back! :laugh:

cu22_sb.jpg

I've always loved that model! Had one a few years ago, and...yeah...shoulda kept it.

Welcome and great score, that one is really nice!

I've got one from the original run, '99 Whale Blue/Birds "coulda been a 10-top". Love that guitar, I do plan to mod it with Kinman P-90s one day (assuming they're not too deep for the PRS pickup cavity) and also send it to the PTC for refin (including that finish on the neck, which is awesome!)

Congrats! My dad picked up the Emerald Green one Wildwood had a couple months ago. It was a tough decision for the old man, but he has never had a green guitar. Awesome buy, too, huh?

Back