NGD - basic black McCarty

Congrats, They used some fairy dust for sure...
I have a Ted DC245 and it's always a joy to hold (7.4 pounds) and play
Enjoy with good health

Sweet machine. McCarty models are cool guitars. I have a 2000 maple top and I love the WF neck and the extra thickness of the body. I never really bonded with the stock bridge pickup so I've tried several different pickups settling on 5909 bridge 8515 neck.

Rosewood rings and back plate, locking klusons, adjustable bridge, locking studs and push pulls on Vol and tone pots.

It has been the guitar I seem to reach for the most lately.

Great guitars, makes me forget about Les Pauls.
I like the 59/09 too, a little more bite and compression than 57/08 bridge, but they still have a hint of that remarkable 3D magic.

Haven't really bonded with stock McCarty pickups in most cases but they do sound great in my other McCarty; it's an '06 korina/Brazilian. A4 pickups can be pretty neutral in character. I think the lively upper midrange of korina gives them some extra personality that helps them shine in that particular guitar. Actually I'm feeling the cream pickup rings stand out a little too much here and have considered getting rosewood ones for it.

I've got rosewood rings already on my '95 CE22. Last year I replaced the stock Dragon1s with a "1985" reissue set. Now it sounds very much like my beloved '87, so I can have that familiar modern tone when I travel without putting my longtime favorite at risk. The CE22 is a pretty one - not a 10-top but a nice piece of maple nonetheless.

I like the 59/09 too, a little more bite and compression than 57/08 bridge, but they still have a hint of that remarkable 3D magic.

Haven't really bonded with stock McCarty pickups in most cases but they do sound great in my other McCarty; it's an '06 korina/Brazilian. A4 pickups can be pretty neutral in character. I think the lively upper midrange of korina gives them some extra personality that helps them shine in that particular guitar. Actually I'm feeling the cream pickup rings stand out a little too much here and have considered getting rosewood ones for it.

I've got rosewood rings already on my '95 CE22. Last year I replaced the stock Dragon1s with a "1985" reissue set. Now it sounds very much like my beloved '87, so I can have that familiar modern tone when I travel without putting my longtime favorite at risk. The CE22 is a pretty one - not a 10-top but a nice piece of maple nonetheless.

I remember you posting that blue ce.........stunning guitar.

That CE22 is absolutely stunning. Drool

Back