NGD! ARTIST V

S

slang05

Well, it was a long journey. I think I shopped online for about 2 weeks before deciding. Actually, my wife decided because I couldn't decide which one to get! Then I came on here and found this thread... http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?4088-Artist-V-Infos-Specs-Colors-Pictures-Opinions-wanted

And with a few comments and thoughts from a few other members (thanks to LSchefman for his valuable input) my mind was made up. Mostly! lol. It's hard to spend that much on a guitar that you've never played, but turns out, it was a great decision.

Anyway, sounds great. A little hotter than I was expecting, but no complaints. Plays like a dream, the ebony fretboard has a great feel to it and of course it looks amazing. In fact, if I were ever to design a guitar to be built for me, it would be extremely similar.

I am stumped about the color though a bit. The MODCAT says "TN". I have no idea. It's not as dark as the pictures. If the T stands for translucent then what is the N?

9278171922_7f403fd91d_z.jpg

9278169956_1c3d78b225_z.jpg

9275387823_48ceaec221_z.jpg

9278173798_9ff3465f44_z.jpg

9280210438_3689429d87_z.jpg

9278174530_ef0e553906_z.jpg

It sure looks like Teal Black (which was an 'official' colour offered on Artist Vs AFAIK) - but that used to read TB on the MODCAT I think ... unless that changed?

Either way, very pretty guitar - congrats!

Thanks for all the kind words.. I certainly am having a difficult time putting it down!

It's gorgeous! Glad you like it.

Here are the colors that the Artist V was available in, copied from the product page I downloaded a while back when I first ordered my Artist V:

Amber Black, Black Gold, Black GoldBurst, Blue Crab Blue*, Eriza Verde*, FireRed*, Purple Hazel, Smoked Cherry Burst,Smoked Orange, Teal Black*

*with Natural backs

Abalone isn't on the list. So what you have is Teal Black with a Natural back, hence, TN. Most Teal Black guitars have come with the same color on the back and neck.

By the way, in the dim mists way back before the beginning of recorded time (circa 1993) I had a Teal Black Artist II:

It had the teal black color on the neck and back, too. I like the natural neck and back you have much better!

PM me with an email address and I'll send you the pages I downloaded with the specs!

Last edited:
Back