NGD Artist 594 Cocobolo fretboard Korina back/neck...

Anybody got an amp handy..... aCk!!! o_O:eek::D

24955465_10210710127933352_2711174193169520842_o.jpg

Man, that top is off the charts good in this real world pic.

That sure is a lovely quilt top!

Enjoy her dude and have a great retirement. Of course you will, you have a cracking PRS!

OMG... 3 hours later and no finger skin left...

I guess I won't fully be retired Jan 4th, 2019... There's no more engineering, but there will be lots of playing out and a little computer repairs on the side... At 51 by then, I'll have to keep busy. Probably play more at church and do some volunteer work there while the bride is in school teaching months.

This guitar doesn't scream, it moans... And groans... And loves me and hugs me, and it calls me George... aCk!!! o_O:eek::D

Definitely a little different vibe than the other PRS's. It begs for blues, old ZZ Top, AC/DC, etc... It's the different vibe I was hoping it would be.

Don't get me wrong, is right at home with some hard stuff and country, too...

Pictures can in no way do this guitar justice...
I think it actually smokes my 509 in the eye appeal department!

It's a keeper!!! Clean underwear time... :confused:

I guess I won't fully be retired Jan 4th, 2019... There's no more engineering, but there will be lots of playing out and a little computer repairs on the side... At 51 by then, I'll have to keep busy. Probably play more at church and do some volunteer work there while the bride is in school teaching months.

This guitar doesn't scream, it moans... And groans... And loves me and hugs me, and it calls me George... aCk!!! o_O:eek::D

Definitely a little different vibe than the other PRS's. It begs for blues, old ZZ Top, AC/DC, etc... It's the different vibe I was hoping it would be.

Good on you for positioning yourself to retire at such a young age!

Playing music will be a joy knowing that there's no plant outage to go to the next day... LoL!

Very blessed! It's a humbling experience, but fulfilling.

In the right context the 594 absolutely slays. I was just jamming to some Allman Bros on mine this evening and it mixes in perfectly with that stuff. I was twangin' some country on it earlier today. Plus I can get a surprisingly good imitation of Roy Buchanan's tone with the coils split.

Nicely done being able to retire young.
I’ve found building for Habitat for Humanity satisfying. An engineering thought process is definitely beneficial.

Nicely done being able to retire young.
I’ve found building for Habitat for Humanity satisfying. An engineering thought process is definitely beneficial.

Yep, I've looked at that. We also have a building/repair program for the needy/less fortunate at my church. It's headed up by an older engineer that used to work at my public power utility.

MODCat question... I noticed this same thing with the customized Wood Library blue quilted 509 I've posted on the site before.

My number on the case and hang tag is simply WL0898_CJ. No long MODCat number where it would normally be on the case label.

Haven't pulled the pickups to see if there's a hidden one or anything.

Just curious if this is the case just because it's a more customized order by Moore Music & Guitars, or if it's something they've done away
with in the last couple of years.

My number on the case and hang tag is simply WL0898_CJ. No long MODCat number where it would normally be on the case label.

Haven't pulled the pickups to see if there's a hidden one or anything.

Just curious if this is the case just because it's a more customized order by Moore Music & Guitars, or if it's something they've done away
with in the last couple of years.

Firstly: man, that thing is incredible, the pics did not do the finish justice! I bet it's just hypnotic in person.

My WL+AP 594 case came just like yours.

vYW5tVC.jpg

@flux that guitar in person is overwhelming!
I questioned the sanity of the colors they selected for the build a little at first. When I cracked the case and pulled her out, I was floored!

I'm wondering if they haven't canned the modcat numbers on the case and hang tag. That's two in a row for me. However, both were custom build Wood Library guitars by Moore Music & Guitars. It could be the not being a stock core run. Just curious...

Last edited:
In wondering if they haven't canned the modcat numbers on the case and hang tag. That's two in a row for me. However, both were custom build Wood Library guitars by Moore Music & Guitars. It could be the not being a stock core run. Just curious...

Yeah my tag above was a WL run from Wild West, and I've seen similar tags on other runs. My CU24 came with a standard MODCAT tag, and the paint's barely dry on it. There's surely a very simple explanation, I just never felt like bothering customer service about it.

Yeah my tag above was a WL run from Wild West, and I've seen similar tags on other runs. My CU24 came with a standard MODCAT tag, and the paint's barely dry on it. There's surely a very simple explanation, I just never felt like bothering customer service about it.

Yeah... I don't think you walk into Guitar Center and find these guitars that some of the Mom and Pop shops are ordering/spec'ing out... unless they're used... hehehe.

Back