NGD - AP Tremonti (man did this one take a while!)

Morphine

As some of you may recall I ordered an Artist Pack Tremonti back in October 2014. I received it in March and it had the tear drop burst when I requested a contour burst finish. Back it went and I resumed waiting.... and waiting.... lol.

The rebuild was scheduled to be done May 1st. Unfortunately, during the build process the top was deemed not to be up to Artist Package standards, so they had to start rebuilding the guitar all over again and added an additional 5 weeks wait. Man, that news was a drag.

They say everything happens for a reason, I guess I believe that now as what I received yesterday exceeded ALL my expectations and then some. They must have felt bad about all the delays and cherry picked a top, or I just got tremendously lucky, cause this top (to me anyway) looks damn near PS quality.

Here's the first one they sent (refresher). Which isn't bad by any stretch. Just not what I wanted...

Here's what I received yesterday...

:congrats:Couldn't believe how tight and uniform the flame is. The ebony fretboard is smooth and a joy to play on. All in all despite the long wait this guitar is nothing short of amazing. Both in terms of looks and sound. Thank you PRS and special thanks to Brian @ Fret12 and Rick @ PRS for getting it all straightened out and taken care of.

Busy weekend for me so I don't have much time to take pics. I'll snap some more soon and upload them to this thread. :rock:

woah!
that's just ridiculously good looking!
hope it plays half as well as it looks... :top:

Thanks guys. It definitely plays as good as it looks. I love the pattern thin neck profile. PRS was kind enough to have the PTC set it up for the tuning/string gauge I prefer before shipping it out. So it was ready to rock right out of the case. It arrived in California in tune! Did some recording with it last night at a friends house in fact.

this color is high on my list especially the contour burst

Congrats this surely was worth the wait... Enjoy

Very nice! Sucks for the wrong order/delay...the artist wait is long enough! At least it was well worth it in the end...and I don't know why they even do the teardrop...why cover any more of their beautiful wood than just enough to accent!?!?

That looks like a different artist case than mine...and diff from the first one they sent u...

That looks like a different artist case than mine...and diff from the first one they sent u...

Yeah, I don't know if that was a mistake or an upgrade or just something they did. It's the same style case that the Paul's Guitars come in. Paisley style print. But it's all black. I'll get some pics of the case and the guitar tomorrow.

Right on...saw those on factory tour, but the one I saw was lined in black instead of blue...nice!

Managed to slip away and take a few more pics this morning. Still kind of hard to believe it's actually my guitar haha.

Thanks for the comments. And Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Back