NGD - another old CE to add to the mix

JJJ

asleep
So since we're all buying old CEs, what a better time to have found one for myself

2002 CE22, emerald green

2u4ir00.jpg

4tomja.jpg

wbyk4y.jpg

Further to my last thread, this is the one from the ad and I ended up buying it. I offered 1600 and got it - to recap, the modern CE series retails for around 3900 dollars here, the second hand ones are usually 2000-2900ish and I have not seen a top like this on any of them, they are usually beat to hell so I feel like it is a good deal.

This was a workhorse for the past 2 owners. The frets appear to have been leveled a good few times, still some life left though. It has the strat type finish cracking from the neck join. Nearly every strat (incl. mine) that I have ever picked up does this. Neck is straight though and also has some lovely figure up it. Forgot to take pictures of the rear, sorry. Maybe later. Owner says switch is original and it has dragon IIs although I haven't checked yet.

I have a feeling in years to come I will refret it with some taller wire but for now it really plays itself - the neck is nowhere near as rolled as my newer PRS, but it's still comfy. This is the stiffest feeling maple neck I have played for ages, it feels like I could kill someone with it and it would still be in tune, I might test it out tomorrow

CEs for everyone I say

Oh and if there is anyone in Vic Australia who is interested in an SE 245 standard, the Indo models, I am selling one now. Gotta thin the heard, pedals and basses and all sorts are going to be flogged off, I realised today I'm sitting on a lot of stuff I don't use enough

This is the stiffest feeling maple neck I have played for ages, it feels like I could kill someone with it and it would still be in tune, I might test it out tomorrow
:eek:

I'm gonna let my brother and his family know to avoid you in the near future, in case you are testing your "tool of murder that stays in tune" theorem.

:eek:

Oh, it that not what you meant?

Nice guitar! Love emerald green!

Nice. CE fever going around :) adding lampshades and new pup rings to mine this week. I have playing mine exclusively since I got it.

Reactions: JJJ
Emerald CEs RULE!!!!!!

Don't let the neck pocket crack worry you too much. I have one with a pocket crack and it happens to be the most stable with trem use of all my prs guitars.

When I got it the spring claw was screwed tight so trem wouldn't move. I put new springs and fulcrum screws on it and I can beat the hell out of the trem and it stays in tune very well.

They also had the long neck screws sticking through the neck pickup cavity so I couldn't adjust neck pickup down. I was really worried I bought a junker but it's a badass guitar now. NEVER sell this one.

Some dickweed screwed midi pickup to the top of the body??????? I think this guitar is angry because of that...........it has a lot to say!

I switched both ce22 "angry" and my emerald ce24 to pH 2s at the same time.

My hog ce just got ph2s as well.

I think I'm sleeping better now too.

I switched both ce22 "angry" and my emerald ce24 to pH 2s at the same time.

My hog ce just got ph2s as well.

I think I'm sleeping better now too.

I should get around to sending you a set of PII’s so you can be completely at ease.

I should get around to sending you a set of PII’s so you can be completely at ease.

Well hell, you are forcing me to look for another guitar!!!!! Lol

This last set of ph2s I found at GC in Des Moines. Looked like they had been hanging there a really long time. I told them I'd buy em if they would discount them and they did by a BUNCH. Then I used all the gift cards I'd been hanging on to to pay for them!!#

Well hell, you are forcing me to look for another guitar!!!!! Lol

This last set of ph2s I found at GC in Des Moines. Looked like they had been hanging there a really long time. I told them I'd buy em if they would discount them and they did by a BUNCH. Then I used all the gift cards I'd been hanging on to to pay for them!!#

I just need to rearrange some tuners. When I switched the gold ones off the last CE it wiped out my surplus of chrome wings.

Back