NGD and hello

Nice start to a bold adventure. :cool: So, is your name the year you graduated from your alma mater or are you living in the land of sub zero (At least for the next few days) existence?

Nice start to a bold adventure. :cool: So, is your name the year you graduated from your alma mater or are you living in the land of sub zero (At least for the next few days) existence?
The number is actually the year the earth was graced with my presence (or cursed lol) and unfortunately, yes, I am stuck in the Arctic hell that is Indiana. It is truly a horrible existence here right now.

The number is actually the year the earth was graced with my presence (or cursed lol) and unfortunately, yes, I am stuck in the Arctic hell that is Indiana. It is truly a horrible existence here right now.
Well, join the club. :D There are a lot of Hoosiers on here and a heck of a lot of PRS guitars and amps in this state. To celebrate the +5F heat wave today, we’re going to a movie. A BBQ was out of the question. o_O

Well, join the club. :D There are a lot of Hoosiers on here and a heck of a lot of PRS guitars and amps in this state. To celebrate the +5F heat wave today, we’re going to a movie. A BBQ was out of the question. o_O

You got it good. It was -4 when I ran out to pick up lunch at noon.

You got it good. It was -4 when I ran out to pick up lunch at noon.
I've been stuck in the house all 3day weekend in the CHIburbs with my two boys under 6. Can't set 'em loose outside to play in snow - too cold. The cabin fever is strong.

It's also gonna be cold tmw, so I'm likely to telecommute on the first workday of the year b/c I do not trust the L to get me downtown/back when it's subzero...

I've been stuck in the house all 3day weekend in the CHIburbs with my two boys under 6. Can't set 'em loose outside to play in snow - too cold. The cabin fever is strong.
And here I’ve been using the really cold days to test my clothing for a try at Iditabike. I stayed warm, but my phone and GPS rebelled at -26 carried in an outside pocket where they were convenient.

It's also gonna be cold tmw, so I'm likely to telecommute on the first workday of the year b/c I do not trust the L to get me downtown/back when it's subzero...

I was a Burlington Northern Metra rider for the 18 years I worked in the Loop. I hated the bitter cold and switching problems. Still better than a 2 hour drive on 88 and the Ike.

Hang tough!

Yeah even though I’m born and raised here in southern Indiana I’m still not built for this cold. I hate it with a passion, so I’ve been hidden away inside for my entire holiday vacation. Back to work tomorrow weather (ha) it’s freezing cold or not. Sad face.

And here I’ve been using the really cold days to test my clothing for a try at Iditabike. I stayed warm, but my phone and GPS rebelled at -26 carried in an outside pocket where they were convenient.

And here we are wimping out about 5 and -4.....

Yeah even though I’m born and raised here in southern Indiana I’m still not built for this cold. I hate it with a passion, so I’ve been hidden away inside for my entire holiday vacation. Back to work tomorrow weather (ha) it’s freezing cold or not. Sad face.
Drove thru Indiana on Friday during the snow. It was nerve-wracking.

Drove thru Indiana on Friday during the snow. It was nerve-wracking.
Yeah man it sucks. I don’t mind a little snow every now and then, but when it starts with all the ice and sleet it’s horrible. And these super frigid temps are no fun either. I’m just a baby and pretty much impossible to be around between the months of November and April lol

That’s one (series) I haven’t read that I’m thinking is next on my list. I like all of his different styles. Hearts in Atlantis is one of my all time favorites and it’s not horror at all. He really is a legend.

I bought Mr. Mercedes when it came out, but didn't read it right away (huge backlog). When the second book came out, the girl at the bookstore told me I really needed to read MM first, which I'd read in a review. Read the two pretty much back to back, as I recall. Mistake. Because it was a while until the third came out.

11/22/63 isn't horror either, but it's a great read. I burned out on the Kennedy assassination stuff so much that I haven't read a book about it in years, but this one was totally captivating.

I bought Mr. Mercedes when it came out, but didn't read it right away (huge backlog). When the second book came out, the girl at the bookstore told me I really needed to read MM first, which I'd read in a review. Read the two pretty much back to back, as I recall. Mistake. Because it was a while until the third came out.

11/22/63 isn't horror either, but it's a great read. I burned out on the Kennedy assassination stuff so much that I haven't read a book about it in years, but this one was totally captivating.

Eyes Of The Dragon wasn't a horror book either. Seems to me I enjoyed it, but that was 30 years ago!

Totally agree with your comments on 11/22/63. Great book. Didn't they make a movie, or TV series out of that?

Eyes Of The Dragon wasn't a horror book either. Seems to me I enjoyed it, but that was 30 years ago!

Totally agree with your comments on 11/22/63. Great book. Didn't they make a movie, or TV series out of that?

There was a mini-series on some channel - I got the Blu-Ray at B&N for some ridiculously cheap price, but I haven't watched it yet.

Thank you! I hadn’t heard of the amp either, but after getting home I looked them up. Looks like most places will be releasing them after the first of the year. They are releasing 3 different 10 watt versions, each with different tubes, this one is the el34, the Artist with 6l6, and the Series One with kt88. I think they’re only making 150 of each. Each has its own “feature”. Mine has the boost option. Really digging this amp.
And those Rice Krispies are long gone lol the box is full of old books and works nicely keeping my amps off the floor lol.

Glad you like the guitar (and amp) after giving it a thorough test run. Enjoy

My sympathies are with you all who are dealing with the cold right now. Hang in there!

In Southern Ca., it has been very pleasant for just about the past 3 months. Only problem has been rainfall - there has not been any yet this rainy season, keeping fingers crossed that we do not go back into drought mode again (and no more big fires please).

My sympathies are with you all who are dealing with the cold right now. Hang in there!

In Southern Ca., it has been very pleasant for just about the past 3 months. Only problem has been rainfall - there has not been any yet this rainy season, keeping fingers crossed that we do not go back into drought mode again (and no more big fires please).
Keep the good weather going until after NAMM is over, please. :D

Keep the good weather going until after NAMM is over, please. :D
Since you mentioned NAMM, my hot tip for those forum members that have to travel to the convention center via car - park in The Angel Stadium or Duck Pond parking lots and take the bus over to the convention center. There are bus lanes, so they are not subject to traffic and they run frequently.

Thank you, and I am enjoying both! I have a set of Pearly Gates incoming, pretty excited about trying those out. But this amp. My god. It’s perfect for what I need. I’ve not heard a tube amp that sounds very good, much less really great, at quiet volumes. And the headphone out actually sounds just as good. It’s really the perfect amp for someone that wants an amp for home that’s quiet but wants the natural warmth of a tube amplifier.
Glad you like the guitar (and amp) after giving it a thorough test run. Enjoy

Thank you, and I am enjoying both! I have a set of Pearly Gates incoming, pretty excited about trying those out. But this amp. My god. It’s perfect for what I need. I’ve not heard a tube amp that sounds very good, much less really great, at quiet volumes. And the headphone out actually sounds just as good. It’s really the perfect amp for someone that wants an amp for home that’s quiet but wants the natural warmth of a tube amplifier.
Funny that you should mention Pearly Gates because I sit in with a band on Saturdays and I am a bit too lazy to bring my guitar / amp just to play on about 5 songs, so I borrow one of theirs and this particular guitar just had Pearly Gates installed, and I am now thinking about putting some in on a non PRS guitar (bridge pick up only). It will be interesting to see what you think about them.

One other comment - I went the other way re: my practice amp and went solid state, too many trips to the repair shop for my tube amps, so I use them pretty much only when I play in public

Back