NGD and back on the horse: PRS Silver Sky in Dodgem Blue

1BlinkGone

So enthusiastic about this new guitar. Such a profoundly EXCELLENT guitar that seems to address the shortcomings with every Stratocaster I've ever had, or played. Great attention to those details by both John Mayer and Paul Smith. It's loud, acoustically...a friend of mine remarked how loud it was unplugged. Hehe. The pickups are incredible. Excellent natural sustain, and NO volume drop outs on switch position 2 & 4!!!!

Many of you already know the deal about this model.

In the rearview mirror of instruments from my past, there have been a number of Gibson's, Fender Stratocaster's, 2 Tom Anderson Drop Tops and 7 different PRS (USA) guitars ...though the Silver Sky is a different PRS than those I usually gravitate towards, when I plugged it into an amp on a hunch at the store, I just KNEW....and didn't want to put it down.

Thanks John Mayer and Paul Reed Smith.

Last edited:
Congrats! Dodgem Blue sells out in less than a day around here so I haven’t seen one in the wild yet.

Congrats! The Silver Sky is a great model, and that blue is gorgeous. Still thinking about picking one up (even though I already have one in silver). They're that good.

alantig- thanks. It's an amazing, no, STERLING variant of this type of guitar. Defintely going to "make it my own", and though I'll likely leave this one completely OEM as it's setup, I'm already thinking fwd to another SS in which I'd execute a few changes to "make it mine" with my own spin on it. We'll see. Thanks again, all.

MODS could you move this over to the 'General Discussion" room if you find it fitting? Thanks!

Back