NGD, and an admission of guilt...

dmatthews

Dave's not here
A long time ago (when the earth was green) I had the thought that one day I'd like to get a certain type of guitar. The kind of guitar I'd never owned, and only tried in passing a couple of times in 10 years or so.
It was always on the back burner as I started to fill the harem with various other types and styles including singlecuts, soapbars, piezo, Wood library, and single coil examples. I know... tough problem... At one point I acquired a 594 soapy, and a Wood library 594 and fell in love with the format.
Anyway... when a certain forum member/friend intimated that when I was ready, he had the perfect opportunity waiting for me I thought I was in the best situation, I mean... why not, right?

Then it happened.
As usual I have one eye on Reverb, and the other eye on Craigslist looking for deals. I know I'm not alone here. And there it was. This was probably 6 weeks ago. An absolutely pristine, mint example at a price that was way too good to be true.
But I waited... even though the price was ridiculously low.
Two weeks later he lowered the price, and then lowered it again a week after that! What the???
The struggle ended on Tuesday when I got a bonus at work. I contacted the seller on Wednesday, offered him less than his asking price and he took it.
I left work early and picked it up on the way to practice. I felt like a bandit. It's absolutely mint.
So... by now there is at least one person reading this that knows exactly what I did, and this is the person that my admission of guilt is shared with. I didn't really know how to frame this, so Peter (Veinbuster)... mea culpa.
I couldn't resist... I am weak... Ugh...

So... that's the story of how I got here, and here is the result.

A 2021 594 Hollowbody II. This is a non 10 top, but I don't care about that.

With her sisters...

And in its natural habitat, the practice studio...

I suck, but have a smile on my face. 5.5lbs of excellence.

I once saw Marco Mendoza basically get sexually harassed during a Dead Daisies show. Low stage, he was over playing in front of a woman and she kept touching his legs and grabbing his thighs. I guess after a while she figured why grab a thigh when the whole junkyard is right there?
OK, that was random. Must be a leftover from another thread:D
Beautiful, enjoy!
Cheers mate!
Smokin! Congrats
Thanks buddy!
Love it. Ten-tops are great and all, but dammit if they don't all sound as good! You forget about it when you close your eyes and wail.
Yeah... been a sucker for 10 tops, but didn't care with this one. Cheers.
That’s an awesome guitar… you won’t regret that one at all!
Thanks Rick.
Only been a couple of days but this feels like a keeper.

OHHHH That’s gorgeous!! Sooo much character in that non-10 top/back!! Well done
Thanks mate! It's quite a bit like the soapy, not only in colour. Kind of a quirky top. Love it!
Very nice!
Cheers bud!
Nice one, Dave! I really dig the HB594. Terrific sounding guitar. Love the back, too. There’s a face in it. Now, about that Santana……:p:cool:
Lol! Leave it to you to light the GAS again after only a day!:D I told some friends that I'd now reached my saturation point. Thank you sir! Now, off to Reverb!
Congrats, nice pickup there. Great trifecta of 594 goodness!
Thanks man! Loving it so far!

Back