NGD!!!...and 2 days early :)

windsongstudios

I was pleasantly surprised when I got back home from grabbing my morning coffee and saw this waiting for me.

This is the lightest PRS I have ever had, just a little over 6 lbs!!! The flame on the top is a gorgeous chevron and beautifully matched but what really blew my mind was the flame on the neck and fingerboard. The 30th Anniversary birds are so bright and lively they almost look backlit. They are the brightest and most vivid inlays I've had since my Artist III. The 85/15 pickups are so versatile and the best way i can think to describe them is "HI-FI". Theres so much clarity and shimmer to these pickups yet they retain a very true sound so you can really hear the magic of the guitar. So far i have tested them in hi gain applications and they really shred. I also pulled up the best Dan Huff style patch in my Axe FX II and man they delivered that clean chorus chime from those Giant records. Next i put it through the paces of a lower gain stage and to my surprise the guitar just begged to please. The 85/15's are super touch sensitive. I had always wanted a CU24 and this thing does not disappoint. I thought I was buying a "modern" style guitar for the studio aimed specifically for higher gain style only, boy was a so pleasantly fooled. I love my other PRS guitars which are mainly 22 fret vintage-esque guitars because they have a gorgeous bloom to them but this guitar is an eye opener to me and I am happy to finally have crawled out of the rock I've been under and opened my mind to the CU24 model.

Lastly a big shoutout to Bo from Wild West Guitars for such a wonderful transaction and excellent communication before, during , and after my purchase. And also to Mr. 11 Top himself for assisting the WWG guys in picking out such beautiful and musical materials for my new guitar and also taking the time to even PM me to tell me a little back story of the journey to the Wood Library.
Thanks for reading everyone, have an awesome day!!!

-Evan.

Last edited:
What a fantastic NGD
charcoal is definitely next on my list
Congrats and keep on rock in'

A. GORGEOUS.

B. Totally agree with your assessment of the 30th Anniversary CU24. The model embodies my rediscovery of the original PRS CU24 as well, plus the new pickups make it so much better IMHO.

C. Congrats! :top:

Totally badazzzzzzzzz! Congratulations and enjoy. I know I can hardly put my 30th down! I think I'll go play mine now!

Tom

Charcoal is in my opinion their best, no wonder it is becoming very popular with PRS buyers.

Another beauty! It seems that every one of these Cu24 30ths is fantastic.

Enjoy!

Back