NGD: Almost a catastrophe!

So this got dropped off at my office by UPS while I was at home. Our receptionist sent me photos:

I later showed these two photos to Brian, and he responded with OMG, and how nice of them to tape the boxes up. LOL

Miraculously, there was no damage done to the contents. This beauty was unscathed:

Tosca started a thread about the best guitar under $1,000, and this was the model he listed. I have to admit it is a lot of guitar for the money.

I was surprised when Brian told me he still has a few of these available with some really nice tops. If you’re interested, contact Brian’s Guitars as this is a limited edition Zach Myers exclusive to his shop.

I was SHOCKED to see that nice of a top on an SE series model! Very nice!

I was SHOCKED to see that nice of a top on an SE series model! Very nice!

On one hand, it’s sad to see a billet that nice be cut into paper thin veneer, but it can make a lot of nice veneer. I don’t honestly the ratio from a carved top billet to veneer tops, but it has to be pretty substantial one would think.

On one hand, it’s sad to see a billet that nice be cut into paper thin veneer, but it can make a lot of nice veneer. I don’t honestly the ratio from a carved top billet to veneer tops, but it has to be pretty substantial one would think.

Was curious too... apparently quite lot:
Although I doubt it's made like that for those curly/quilt veneers; it's likely made from a flat/rectangular piece that is then thinly sliced in a similar fashion.

I'm just disappointed that I didn't get in on this run. All that I've seen have been stunning.

How many guitars do you keep in your “office”?

does the missus know about this?

I would jump on one of these with those beautiful tops, but I have the previous edition of the ZM (same physical specs) in a lovely spalted maple (procured from Brian's!), and not even I can convince myself I need two of the exact same guitar when there are so many other models out there I still wish to acquire.

Gorgeous...Congrats...Love the box...NOT.

Quick story, even though mine rarely ever are!!!
I had a bass delivered to my workplace, and it arrived Fine!!!
Before I went downstairs to retrieve it, my cohorts took the box (only) outside and ran over it with a car a few times...
Gotta love a sense of humor.
:eek:;):p

Gorgeous...Congrats...Love the box...NOT.

Quick story, even though mine rarely ever are!!!
I had a bass delivered to my workplace, and it arrived Fine!!!
Before I went downstairs to retrieve it, my cohorts took the box (only) outside and ran over it with a car a few times...
Gotta love a sense of humor.
:eek:;):p

Have they been released from the hospital yet?

Back