NGD Akesson

Berten

When I visited Cologne last year, I fell in love with the Akesson, but I went home with another guitar. Not really suffering from buyers remorse, but still enough to contact the store, I asked if the Akesson was still available since it was on display but nowhere to be found on the website.
Unfortunately, it was not. So I kept the other guitar, played the sh*t out of it and turned it into a real workhorse.
In the meantime, I've bought a couple of others, but i was still looking for the Akesson one. Not finding it for my budget.

A week ago I was browsing the net and I stumbled upon a guitar store in the Netherlands, which to my surprise, had the Akesson on their site, for a reasonable good price. I didn't pull the trigger right away. As a married man, and a professional buyer, I made up a very nice Word document with some pictures, a little price table with the links and all, and mailed that to the misses.
Also as a professional buyer, she was quite surprised of my this-time approach. But she didn't say yes.

The day after, we had a huge garage sale going on through the whole town, and I was selling a lot of my old toys. After a good day of sales, I counted the money, gave it to my wife to put on the bank and very fine I put in I had just about everything for that beautiful guitar from the dossier.

After waiting for 4 long days (with a horrible long weekend in the middle) I found this package at the door (I hate it when delivery guys do that).

20160704_175818_zps04omphsb.jpg

20160704_175823_zpsxk67fu6p.jpg

20160704_175828_zpsbwxjp7ot.jpg

20160704_175833_zpsancezpov.jpg

20160704_175842_zpsuk1igpxz.jpg

Already abused it for over an hour and I completely love it. I got the Akerfeldt signature, and a SE 245, and well, this guitar is just a real powerfull instrument which makes a beautiful bridge in between.

Love the birds!

Love that guitar and Fredrik is one of my favorite guitarists.
I find it pretty cool that both him and Åkerfeldt play their SE's all the time on stage when touring with Opeth.
Both of em have plenty of US made PRS'i (Åkerfeldt is a bit of a collector) but they keep comming back to their signature models.

Very cool.

I've been very curious about the Åkesson. What's different about it from other SE singlecut models? The controls look to be the same with the SE Singlecut...

...oh, never mind, just found this -- slightly shorter scale length, inverted V&T knobs...fat wide neck...anything else?

Last edited:
Back