NGD...again

Corey McCormick

So, yet again, I have made a new acquisition. A 2015 SC245 with a Faded 10-Top. I came across this when browsing online and ended calling the retailer to see if they had any wiggle room in the price. Not only did I get this for a great deal, I got it for just about 25% less than advertised. Their system listed a different price than website and they honoured it.

So I jumped on it. Is there a way once I get it with the Serial Number to get the actual specs on it? It was listed as a Faded Whale Blue 10-Top, but it's definitely more on the grey side. Would look to have the actual details of the guitar.

Without further ado, here it is. It is currently in transit and should be in my hands in a few days.

kJAW5bU.jpg

Sharp looking guitar...very nice.
Charcoal burst is one of my favorite colors...and this looks like it to me.
Enjoy!

Sweet score! That's a great looking guitar. As Garrett mentioned, you can enter the MODCAT in the decoder and it will spit out all of the specs. The MODCAT will be in two places:
1) Top or bottom edge of the case. A sticker on the outside.
2) Underneath the bridge pick up.

It's an alpha numeric code. Enter it into the decoder here:

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

I would copy/paste the sample modcat listed on the decoder so you can get an idea of what you should get back.

Thanks guys! I didn't know there was information like that available from a code, that's awesome to know. I'll definitely check it out. It's kinda crazy how my Les Pauls are disappearing and being replaced by PRS'. The moment I got my SE ZM in January, it's been downhill from there...for my wallet.

I'm extremely excited to be receiving this tomorrow and will post actual photos once it is in my hands. That's if I don't forget because I'll be playing the crap out of it! :)

Corey, we want pics, but we understand a delay is inevitable - you will be playing it too much for the first few days.

I'm interested to see your own photos as the colour it was listed as is clearly different to the diagnosis of the forum experts.

Last edited:
The SC245 is my favorite. They are just awesome. PRS Customer service will set you up, I email them every time I get a guitar.

I sent them an email with serial number and he confirmed everything but color, and requested an actual picture to confirm what it is. Not only are their guitars amazing, the customer service is impeccable.

Corey, we want pics, but we understand a deadly is inevitable - you will be playing it too much for the first few days.

I'm interested to see your own photos as the colour it was listed as is clearly different to the diagnosis of the forum experts.

I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival to see the colour in person as well. It looks like there are hints of blue in there, I'm sure it'll be even more stunning in person. I hope my brand new S2 doesn't get too jealous, I've literally only had it for a month haha, oh well. A lifetime of play awaits all my beauties.

So unfortunately, I've had to call the company I purchased from (not PRS), because this was stated as brand new, and it's not. It has some very minor damage, 2 dings, both visible on this picture.

The store failed to notify me of this... I'm disappointed in that. Also, the store has a policy that they set up every guitar before shipping it out. Not the case with this one, it's been in the store a while now, and I could tell. I will need to set this up myself.

Overall, this guitar is amazing, however, I am waiting to see what the company will do because they failed 2 of their own policies. Proper set up, and all items are new unless otherwise stated.

I'm pretty sure if PRS knew this authorized dealer is selling their guitars like this they probably wouldn't be impressed. It's their name on the line.

Last edited:
Back