NGD Acclimation Thoughts

JackStraw

Hi, all.

My Special Semi-Hollow arrives today. It is 48 degrees outside. Would you guys rip into, let it acclimate overnight or somewhere in between?

I will make an official NGD post with pics!

Personally I’d give it a couple hours and call it good... or just feel the case and if it’s up to room temp, open your new present :)

I would let it sit for a couple of hours. Really depends on where it came from. You said it's 48 degrees where you're at, but did the guitar come from somewhere warmer, or colder? I would also take into consideration where it was the last 24 hours. Was it in a UPS/FedEx wharehouse? If so, and it was loaded and delivered this morning, you're good to go. If it sat outside overnight, I'd wait a couple of hours.

Someone should invent a cheap sticky that has a tail that goes into the box and tells internal temp of the package so at a glance you know if your safe to open it or not. Slap it on and ship it off and the recipient can see if it spent a day in a nice warm van or is fresh from an overnight in a freezing warehouse.

Man, it's 84 degrees down here in South Florida! I cannot wait to see your new SSH. Psyched for you - and hope you love it!

ya man, congrats. post some pics... I love my SSH, damn thing turned into my main guitar for everything that isn't jazz (it even does jazz pretty good too!) haven't even picked up my strat. :cool:

Last edited:
Do you know what sort of weather it traveled through? I shipped a private stock with mammoth ivory inlays through teen temperatures. Buyer let it sit 24 hours and several of the inlays were cracked.

Back