NGD a very special box arrived today

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
Well there seems to have been some talk of a “box” on another thread today!

Poor @dmatthews is wondering what’s in the box.

I should perhaps go back to last year, or maybe 2017, where a certain forum brother and I began talking.

Things got sent back and forth across the Atlantic.

Last night a message dropped into my inbox and I was told that I’d need to be in to sign for something which was being delivered.

On top of this, @sergiodeblanc started the “box” thread.

This afternoon I was out in the front garden and a delivery van pulled up. I was with my son and I told him it was probably for me. He asked me what I had bought and I told him “nothing, someone has sent something to me”.

The delivery guy walked up the path and handed me a large box.

My son and I took it into the house and opened it.

What was inside?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8hLKAAtXGj55Ph2K9

My mouth fell open in disbelief!

@bodia had arranged for Guitar Guitar in Birmingham to deliver this beauty to my door!

He and Sergio have been incredibly kind, I’m totally blown away!

Forum Brothers Rock!

P.S. this is probably the worst I’ve ever written here, but I’m still in shock.

It’s with great pleasure that I’m finally able to post this:

6dvAQjs.jpg

Seriously, it was all @bodia I didn’t do sh!t. I started the other box thread because he was worried that nobody would be home, the package might get refused, or your wife would throw all your stuff in the lawn thinking you bought a guitar without consulting her.

@Alnus Rubra you’re a f@cking rad guy! And it was killing us that after two years and thousands of posts you still hadn’t been able to make a PRS of any sort work out for you.

We know it’s been a rough year what with the crazy water damage that happened in your crib, and that as a husband and father you gotta put everybody else’s wants and needs before your own..... but really, you were just taking too g**damn long. :p

And for the rest of you, Bodia might get mad, but if you wanna chip in $5-10-whatever bucks, PM me and I’ll give you his PayPal. He’s the one that did this, and is a true champion of a human being.

I still don’t think it sunk in until now, reading all your messages! Finding it difficult to keep a dry eye.

You girls and guys are all great, ok we have a wee rammy from time to time, but it gets sorted and we all play nicely! Even @ScottR , if you throw him a wax crayon or two!

Jim and Sergio, you guys have given me a memory that I will cherish and a rad guitar that I’m gonna “Rawk”!

I can’t believe I made Sergio wait nearly 2 years to give me a “Bangin”!!

This crazy community we have here is a wee haven that isn’t common online. Anyone who ends up here should know how cool this place is and how two dudes from Chicago who didn’t have to do a thing, did a thing.

Ok I’ve blethered on again, move along nothing to see here!

Rumor is they're pretty good guys.

The best

That is a lovely surprise! Some class acts round these parts.

There are

This place is awesome. It really is.

Here's the obligatory "sweet top!"

Yes and thanks Keith

Congrats Alnus!

Many thanks

Very cool! And extremely kind of them! Congrats!

So very kind

Blatant lies!

Ach away and sh!te

Beautiful guitar! Congrats

That’s brotherly love right there. :cool:

Absolutely!

HOLY CARP!!!
I'm totally blown away, so I can't even imagine how you feel @Alnus Rubra !!!!
Wow, what a gem, it's a beauty.
Yeesh, you guys... just awesome!

Yes they are

Gotta have these beauty pics embedded in the thread for easy viewing!!!

DAYUM!!!

Thanks Dave

It’s with great pleasure that I’m finally able to post this:

6dvAQjs.jpg

Seriously, it was all @bodia I didn’t do sh!t. I started the other box thread because he was worried that nobody would be home, the package might get refused, or your wife would throw all your stuff in the lawn thinking you bought a guitar without consulting her.

@Alnus Rubra you’re a f@cking rad guy! And it was killing us that after two years and thousands of posts you still hadn’t been able to make a PRS of any sort work out for you.

We know it’s been a rough year what with the crazy water damage that happened in your crib, and that as a husband and father you gotta put everybody else’s wants and needs before your own..... but really, you were just taking too g**damn long. :p

And for the rest of you, Bodia might get mad, but if you wanna chip in $5-10-whatever bucks, PM me and I’ll give you his PayPal. He’s the one that did this, and is a true champion of a human being.

Don’t even, I know your part!

If anyone deserves this, it’s Alnus and I think Bodia’s got it spot on!

“Deserves got nothin to do with it”

Yeah that William Munny’s full of sh!t..

Thanks, kind words

Wow.

I love you guys.

I don’t care what nobody says...

Me too and I don’t care either! xx

Restoring my faith in mankind!!

Rightly so

Bloody brilliant!

You’re telling me!

Back