NGD - A special one-off

iahawk36

Prince of Paisley
Ever since PRS introduced the SAS NF, I have dreamed of having one in white wash...similar to the old Mary Kaye style strats. And since I've been asking, I've always been told "no, we won't do it. It's too hard of a finish to work with". So I accepted this as the answer from PRS.

Then they re-introduced the Artist package this spring, and I asked again about having it done, and was told "no, the SAS isn't included in the Artist package options, and white wash isn't a finish we offer other than private stocks" (and the NF3's and DC3's). So I was talking to Jack Gretz one day, and just mentioned to him that I wish they would make even just one! Well, the next day, Jack called me back and asked if I was serious about it, and I of course said YES!! So he somehow worked some magic (of which I know about, but won't disclose publicly) and low and behold, a few months later she has arrived!!

This is seriously one of the coolest guitars I have ever owned, and it sounds and plays fantastic!!! I can't give enough credit to Jack for making this happen. He really went out of his way to get it done.

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

...even a fancy flamed maple neck and fretboard!!

IMG_5237.jpg

Congrats Ang!

On a side note, how did you get Mark's couch out of his basement without him noticing?

Classic! I love the Mary Kaye finish on an Swamp Ash guitar! Excellent NGD and kudos to Jack and PRS for making it happen.

I'll say what I keep saying - I love this company, they really make this like a family for all of us...what a great EXPERIENCE!

Ok Andy, I don't hate you but that is AWESOME :five:
...and I'm jealous as it's one of the guitars on my list, in possibly the only color I'd ever want over natural. Congrats!

Back