NGD - A possible rival for the Bernie

Fullmoon 1971

Werewolf, there wolf, there castle
Okay so first off this all @ScottR fault he told me I needed this to complete the set. Boy was he right, I just got this today and I think it may even rival my Bernie Marsden as the top SE I've got, flawless workmanship, beautiful colour and fantastic pickups. This machine is a real dream, she almost plays herself, the fit and finish is flawless. I received it and it was almost perfectly set up for me - just had to lower the action and retune, playability is out of this world, the neck feels like it was shaped for my hand alone, and everything just feels "right"

She is the most acoustically lively guitar I've had my mits on, vibrates like crazy and has a very bright and airy tone, the 57/08 S may be of Korean origin but still sounds amazing, sweet to spanky clean, mean to scream...handles gain like nobody's business and as for the P-90 - pure heaven, every sound I can think of is right there in my hands and probably a lot more I've yet to discover. My Bernie is my dream guitar but I have to say that the Chris Robertson proves that the Korean models have improved beyond belief over the last few years. The only thing I'm gonna change out are = I've already changed the control knobs for core ones and she will get a custom TRC - not sure what, have to see how her personality shows in the next week or so.

SE Chris Robertson

here she is on the sofa with some other famous names

Back Row = Tremonti Natural

Middle Row Left to Right =
Bernie Marsden
Chris Robertson
Tremonti Custom Ltd Ed
Nick Catanese (custom werewolf artwork)

Front row left to right ==
Modified Santana
Marty Friedman

Okay so first off this all @ScottR fault he told me I needed this to complete the set. Boy was he right, I just got this today and I think it may even rival my Bernie Marsden as the top SE I've got, flawless workmanship, beautiful colour and fantastic pickups. This machine is a real dream, she almost plays herself, the fit and finish is flawless. I received it and it was almost perfectly set up for me - just had to lower the action and retune, playability is out of this world, the neck feels like it was shaped for my hand alone, and everything just feels "right"

She is the most acoustically lively guitar I've had my mits on, vibrates like crazy and has a very bright and airy tone, the 57/08 S may be of Korean origin but still sounds amazing, sweet to spanky clean, mean to scream...handles gain like nobody's business and as for the P-90 - pure heaven, every sound I can think of is right there in my hands and probably a lot more I've yet to discover. My Bernie is my dream guitar but I have to say that the Chris Robertson proves that the Korean models have improved beyond belief over the last few years. The only thing I'm gonna change out are = I've already changed the control knobs for core ones and she will get a custom TRC - not sure what, have to see how her personality shows in the next week or so.

SE Chris Robertson

here she is on the sofa with some other famous names

Back Row = Tremonti Natural

Middle Row Left to Right =
Bernie Marsden
Chris Robertson
Tremonti Custom Ltd Ed
Nick Catanese (custom werewolf artwork)

Front row left to right ==
Modified Santana
Marty Friedman

I take full responsibility...I am a bad, bad man with serious impulse contol issues...I am sincerely sorry for sincerely not being sorry...:D

Congrats @Fullmoon 1971, I'm glad my recommendation had such a great outcome..enjoy your new monster my brother!:cool:

I take full responsibility...I am a bad, bad man with serious impulse contol issues...I am sincerely sorry for sincerely not being sorry...:D

Congrats @Fullmoon 1971, I'm glad my recommendation had such a great outcome..enjoy your new monster my brother!:cool:

I have no impulse control, I see something and as long as I can afford it without affecting anything else its mine (just needed someone to give me a push). As my wife reminds me, my usual response is "It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission".
@xjbebop Yeah the Marty Friedman is another stunning guitar, I changed out the pickups for a Alnico IV bridge & Alnico III Neck for a more fifties sound, this is my tuxedo guitar - any posh gigs we do i.e. weddings, anniversary's, corporate gigs this is the main guitar for the night.

Last edited:
Back