NGD '94 CE

Davey

Just Jammin'
Been looking for a couple months for the right color, condition and deal.
'94 CE22 and of course dragon I's and winged tuners. Bonus is the small early headstock signature.
It arrived much better condition than I expected with not a scratch on the backside.
The Royal blue is a little faded, looks more matteo-ish now, but still a brilliant shade.
Tomorrows project will be to clean it up, restring and fix those wings!

All in all, super happy and this thing sounds great. I'm beginning to dig these older models more and more.
49895456598_18928e3e34.jpg

49896289357_51e4e04ce1.jpg

49895463978_bcd8f8a85c.jpg

49895465178_05fe383544.jpg

49896293747_aa0392739b.jpg

Last edited:
That, my friend, is a guitar I would gladly purloin if I knew where you lived. Great snare.

I thought I got a good deal when I pulled the trigger. The seller did state "excellent" condition, but used guitar condition can be subjective. Once it showed up, I kinda feel like I stole it.

Beautiful example of a first year CE22! That may be a faded Dark Blue. Royal Blue guitars generally did not have the natural "binding".

Last edited:
I thought I got a good deal when I pulled the trigger. The seller did state "excellent" condition, but used guitar condition can be subjective. Once it showed up, I kinda feel like I stole it.

My 2002 CE was the same. The seller described it as excellent, but then it arrived and was like it had been sitting in it's case for 17 years. It's my favorite guitar too.

Thanks everyone. GAS! strikes again. I am certainly lucky to have a wife that doesnt always undestand why, but atill, in a way, "gets it". She also knows there are many other expensive "hobbies" or activities that I could get back into. :rolleyes: ;)

Congratulations, that’s a great looking guitar. Full of tone potential!

Thanks, just loving the tone, such a difference from the dragon I's to dragon II's.

Beautiful example of a first year CE22! That may be a faded Dark Blue. Royal Blue guitars generally did not have the natural "binding".

Thanks Brado. Definitely royal blue as hand written out under treble p/u. No modcat in early years. I'll post up a p/u cavity pic when I get a little time after cleaning it up and new strings.

My 2002 CE was the same. The seller described it as excellent, but then it arrived and was like it had been sitting in it's case for 17 years. It's my favorite guitar too.

Thanks Mooky, it has been sitting as there's a little coloration on each side of neck near the headstock where it must have been in a wall hanger or floor stand.
Difficult sometime's buying online and getting to touch, play and pour over it like I would in person.
Im just going by sellers decription and pictures, but I also have the PRS name and quality as long as it was relatively taken care of and if not, then theres always PTC!

Back